Chapter 5

As Luffy, Sanji, and Rose make their way to the perilous mountain, the captain makes sure that Nami's sleeping body is secured on his back.

Sanji shivers for a second before he looks down at the rubber man's sandals in disbelief. "Why the hell are you still wearing sandals?! I'm getting cold just looking at you!"

"It's my police!"

The chef rolls his eyes at the mispronunciation before he corrects him. "You mean 'policy'."

A dark figure growls at the group from the shadows while Rose chuckles and looks down at Luffy's feet. "Still, aren't your feet numb or something?"

Luffy chuckles at the question and acts like it's not cold at all. "Nope, I'm good. Hey, do you guys know that the people in snow countries don't sleep?"

Sanji raises a swirly eyebrow at the question. "Why's that?"

"Because they'll die if they do."

Rose stifles a laugh when the group narrowly dodges a feral rabbit that tried to pounce on them. She widens her eyes at the small attacker while she continues to run with the guys. She sees the rabbit is still pursuing them from the shadows so she keeps a close eye on the beast.

Sanji ignores the small lapin while he looks at Luffy in disbelief. "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

Luffy ducks to avoid the rabbit who tried jump him from behind. "It's the truth! That's what the guy said!"

Sanji quirks an eyebrow at the declaration as he jumps to dodge the lapin. "Who, Usopp?"

"No, a guy from a bar."

The lapin tries to bite Rose, but she uses her wind to throw him back into the trees while she giggles at Luffy's explanation. "That still doesn't mean that people from snow countries don't sleep Luffy."

"How would you know?"

Sanji groans in frustration of dealing with his captain's stupidity. "Ok, then explain this, why did Dalton have a bed in his house?"

Luffy tilts his head in thought before he figures out an answer. "I know! He got it for when it's time for him to die!"

Sanji starts getting angrier by the answer. "That's even more ridiculous!"

Rose laughs at the small argument while the lapin tries to attack them again, but he misses and bites a tree again. He snaps the tree in half with his fangs which causes the top half of the tree to fall towards the group, but they run ahead to avoid getting hit.

The lapin sweat drops at the running group while Rose tries her best not to look at him. She knows that sending him flying too far would get him to call his family in, so she's trying her best not to hurt him too much. Hopefully, she can convince the boys to do the same.

She turns to the others while she gestures her head to the rabbit. "I've heard of one guys. Lapins, like the one that's been tailing us, tend to travel in packs, so we shouldn't mess with them. I'm sure the little guy would call his folks if we try to hit him."

Luffy tilts his head and grows confused by her warning. "Facing a pack of those guys doesn't sound that bad."

Sanji however, just looks to Rose with hearts in his eyes. "If any of them try to hurt you or Nami, I'll be sure to protect you dear Rose-chan!"

Rose groans at the flirting and narrows her purple eyes at him. "I already said that I don't need protection!"

He nods as if he's listening before he starts happily daydreaming. "Since we're talking about snow countries, I have a fact. Did you two know that the women of snowy countries have beautiful smooth skin?"