Chapter 43

As the tsunami threatens to destroy the Going Merry, the three sea monkeys riding the wave that they created, show no remorse at all as they laugh at the pirates' plight.

The crew however, won't have it today, and are hard at work to keep the ship steady while Rose flies by the sails to get her wind to speed the boat along.

"What the hell is wrong with these monkeys?!" Zoro asks as he holds the helm to keep the ship from turning.

"Hell if I know, just keep going straight!" Nami yells before she sees something approaching from up ahead. "What the hell?!"

Usopp follows her gaze and grabs some binoculars from his bag to get a better look. With one look, his mouth drops in terror and starts screaming. "GUYS, IT'S AN ENEMY SHIP!"

The guys take a look at the ship coming ahead, but despite the size of the boat, there's no way to know what kind of a ship it is because it didn't have a sail.

The Straw Hats can see that the sailors look like they got their spirit drained from them. Some can't help but feel sorry for the guys, but when the other crew saw them, they started arguing among themselves about either fighting the crew or escaping the wave.

The Straw Hats can only watch in disbelief as they sail to their demise, but they quickly ignored them to keep their own lives safe.

They were able to barely make it out before the wave crashed, but the same can't be said for the mysterious sailors.

Being satisfied with destroying at least one ship, the sea monkey trio returns to the ocean's depths with their lingering chatter as the surviving crew's parting gift.

When the Straw Hats feel confident in that they're safe, they settle down and continue their journey.

As they sail on, Robin keeps a watch for any signs of an island while the others begin to wonder about what the hell was up with that weird boat.

"Could those guys have been pirates? They didn't act like a normal crew." Usopp says as he looks back and finds no sign of the ship.

"Maybe, they could've lost their sail in a storm." Nami says as she ponders on why they would travel without a sail.

"That still wouldn't explain why they were so dispirited. The ship itself didn't look that damaged either." Usopp says with a deep thinking look on his face.

Rose gives a small frown as she crosses her arms over her chest and pretends to be deep in thought "Maybe they lost a Davy Back Fight..."

Luffy and Chopper look at her in confusion, but the rest of the group knows the meaning for the game and are surprised by the claim.

Usopp look back at where the ship used to be with wide eyes when he thinks back on how they were acting. "That's gotta be it!"

"What's a Davy Back Fight?" Chopper asks with an innocent look on his face.

Sanji looks down at the reindeer and explains it to him. "A Davy Back Fight is a contest between two pirate crews. The winner can take a crew member, or the crew's jolly roger. It looks like that other ship lost both some crew members and their flag."

Luffy frowns at the possible losses he and his crew could have. "That sounds like a bad game."

"Yea, I'd rather we not play that game." Nami says and starts feeling sorry for that losing crew.

The wind girl starts growing curious about what could happen if they win every event against Foxy, so she looks to the navigator. "Can a winning crew take an item from the loser instead? Like treasure or a map?"