Chapter 60

Of all the things that Rose could have expected, none were her being able to have a conversation with one of the most powerful men in this world. There are so many things that she wants to say to Sengoku, but she doesn't say a word.

Instead, she narrows her eyes at him in disdain, and turns her head away from him like he's disgusting.

Sengoku grows irritated by the sight, and clearly shows it. "YOU KNOW WHO I AM DON'T YOU OUTSIDER?! NOW'S NOT THE TIME TO BE DIFFICULT!"

Instead of answering the fleet admiral, Rose keeps her face turned towards Rufus. "Hey Kimblee copy, any idea who this guy is talking to? The only outsider here is me, but my name is Catone Rose."

That comment earned her a hook punch to her left cheek from said copy.

Andreos stops his comrade from giving her another punch, by touching his shoulder, before he scowls down at the prisoner. "Stop denying your real name. We already connected you to the Alun family during your last capture, remember?"

Rose grits her teeth at the reminder of the interrogation, before she speaks to him. "My real name IS Catone Rose! You may know my mom's family now, but I was given my father's surname when I was born! My name won't change just because you bastards know my-!"

Rufus cuts her off with a punch to her stomach hard enough for the air to be knocked out of her lungs. She tries to catch her breath, but barely has a chance, because he starts beating her relentlessly without a single shred of mercy. 

Andreos is tempted to stop him, but his anger at what she did to his comrades allows him to give his leader some leeway.

Rufus feels the same way, and gets as much revenge as he can by barely getting her to take a breath in with him going punch for punch at her face and torso. All the while, he keeps his feet on top of hers to keep her from kicking at him.

"That's enough." Sengoku calls out, after a minute of the beatings, which gets the explosion man to stop his attack.

Rufus gives just one look at the prisoner, who's working on regaining her breath, with an idea of what they can do with her. He steps back while grabbing a handkerchief from his chest pocket, to wipe the blood off his knuckles, before he looks to Andreos. "Make sure she doesn't bad mouth Sengoku too much."

Andreos only nods before he watches his leader leave the room.

Rose could care less about the departure, and only keeps her eyes on Sengoku. Even bloody and bruised, all she can think about was glaring at Sengoku to show her resolve, because she refuses for her father's existence to be ignored.

Sengoku can see the stubbornness of the Will of D clearly on her, so he knows that for her to cooperate, he will need to bend a little. "I understand your sentiment, and will acknowledge your name Catone Rose. I honestly don't want to argue. I just want a conversation with you."

While the agent is surprised that he's willing to acknowledge the name, Rose is still skeptical of what his motives are for all this.

Even so, in gratitude of him willing to accept her name, she'll hear him out. "Alright, what do you want to talk about?"

"I want to know what your angle is. Why did you join a pirate crew?"

She grows confused about how that's his first question, but doesn't hesitate to answer. "There wasn't any aim, I just joined. I did try to play the civilian role, but with my research being illegal, that turned out to be impossible."

He doesn't see any deceit on her face, and is grateful that she at least tried not to cause trouble. Even so, his hardened face won't show any emotions, so he can keep up the interrogation. "I see, but you know all about the Spiriting night that caused it to be illegal, correct?"