Chapter 27

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the wait. I had major writer's block along with buying a house but I'm back on track now with Sky Island. I hope you all enjoy! ;)

**************************************************

Half an hour before Rose arrived at the coast with the south bird, the Straw Hats were in Cricket's house enjoying Sanji's cooking with the salvage crews before they start preparing Merry for the knock up stream.

Masira and his fellow salvage captain, a man who looks just like an orangutan with long green hair, have a drink while their men enjoy their dinner to the fullest.

Cricket happily shows off some pieces of gold to the Straw Hats to show proof that the Sky Island holds the city of gold.

Usopp tilts his head at the tiny golden bell statue. "I thought Roland's log said that they were gigantic?"

Cricket nods as he pats the artifact. "These are just tokens that we found on the seafloor."

Nami couldn't stop the love in her eyes for the gold bell in front of her. "So there really is a whole city made of gold?!"

Cricket takes a swig from his bottle of liquor before he grins at her. "Not only that, but there are even strange birds on the island." He turns to Masira and points to the bookcase. "Masira, show them."

"Ok." He goes to the bookshelf where a lump that's wrapped in a white cloth is being held.

He takes the lump, and removes the sheet to show them the golden statue of a south bird holding a bell.

Nami's eyes turn into beli signs at the sight of the beautiful treasure. "That's even bigger than the bell!"

"That's so cool!" Usopp says as he looks it over. "What kind of bird is it?"

Sanji looks over the statue curiously. "It must be Jaya's-" He stops himself when he sees his captain about to grab the untouched plate of food on the counter.

He twitches a curly eyebrow at his captain's antics, and kicks him in the face to keep him away from the meal. "That's not for you! That's for Rose!"

Luffy steps back and rubs his aching head before he looks out the window to see no sign of her out there. "Hasn't she been gone for a while?"

Robin shrugs as she looks over Roland's log for more clues on Sky Island. "Wind-chan can find the ship while she's flying, so we shouldn't worry."

Chopper follows his captain's gaze out into the evening sky. "She mentioned finding a pet bird. Maybe she's searching for one right now."

The orangutan man knits his eyebrows at the feeling that he's forgotten something as he looks at the bird statue. However, it only takes a few seconds before it clicks and he drops his jaw in shock. "DAMMIT!"

Masira looks at his brother in confusion. "What's up, Shoujou?"

"We forgot to tell them about the south bird!"

It's now the Straw Hats' turn to be confused as Cricket realizes what he's talking about, and frantically shows them the statue. "He's right! This is what a south bird looks like! You guys need to go to the woods and capture one!"

Zoro finishes his alcohol before he raises an eyebrow at the statue. "What's the big deal about this bird?"

Masira quickly scrambles through the closet to grab seven giant butterfly nets. "The bird's beak can only point south, and the knock up stream is directly south from here! You guys need that bird to guide you on the Grand Line or you won't make it there in time!"

The crew widens their eyes at the announcement when Masira throws the nets at them. They clumsily catch the nets before they start running out of the house.