Chapter 56

Blueno slams the door to Iceburg's mansion shut behind him, and is more than mad about the wind girl interfering with their mission.

Kaku left the room to get his cuts from his fight patched up, while Robin drops the gun on the table, and sits down on a vacant chair.

The archaeologist couldn't believe her rotten luck. Her deal could've gone perfectly if Rose didn't interfere. With her showing up, there's no doubt that she knows their future. They could use this info to change the deal to keep Rose as a prisoner. They might not even let her live if they catch her now! After so much time of keeping her information to herself, she couldn't have waited another day?!

Even though she's trying to collect her thoughts, Blueno wastes no time in approaching his prisoner from across the table. "Explain yourself."

Robin stops her train of thought, puts on a cold mask to protect her innocence, and gives him a scowl of her own. "You think I wanted her to show up? I'm more upset about this than you are. She ruined everything like usual."

"Are you telling me that you had no idea that she knew about this?"

"As I said before, throughout our time together, she was oblivious to everything. She would always stay in the background. This is the first time I've seen her openly interfere."

"Oh really?"

Both Robin and Blueno pause at Rufus' voice, and look to see both him, Lucci, and Andreos entering the room. While Rufus is holding a pleasant grin, Andreos holds a neutral face as he stands to the side.

"What's going on?" Blueno asks when he looks at the other agents, then to his leader who looks like he's ready to kill at any moment.

Lucci moves away from the agents, and to an empty chair before he practically snarls out the news. "Because the outsider interfered with our last mission, both CP 8 and CP 9's goals are now combining. We will go after Iceburg again tonight, with CP 8 alongside us."

Robin doesn't like the idea of these new teammates, but she holds her tongue to keep herself from experiencing any further pain.

Rufus looks more than amused by her look of defiance, and approaches the table. "So, in the name of our new friendship. Tell me more about what you knew of her."

Robin's frown deepens by the request, but knows that if any of the Straw Hats are going to survive, she needs to give them something. "When I first met her, I thought of her as nothing but a simple child, just like our captain. As we journeyed together, she mostly kept to herself. She'd go off on her own almost every time we'd visit an island. Whenever she did, it was either for street performing or her own secret mission that somehow affected our adventures. Looking back on it, we all should've seen something off about her."

"And you're telling me that no one in the crew knows of her origins or her research?"

"We all know of her research, as for who knows the truth, I believe I'm the only one who knows. No one would accept monsters like us after all. The only way for anyone to accept us would be for us to hide who we are."

"Well said." Rufus smirks at the hopeless comment she gave, then looks to Lucci. "My team will meet you back here tonight at eight. Any problems with that?"

"Not at all, the sooner we get through this the better." Lucci answers without looking at him.

The explosion man takes that as his queue to check the status of the rest of his team, and takes his leave with Andreos beside him.

Once the two reach the infirmary, they see both Lareos and Nishiki sitting up in their beds. Both of Nishiki's forearms are wrapped in white bandages, from when Rose sliced at them while he looks slightly battered from the beatdown.