Chapter 6

After taking Nami's jacket off and tucking her into bed, Dr. Kureha goes back to her desk to see the liquid antibiotics meant for Nami's illness, that are being boiled, are now ready for the finishing touches. She turns off the heater for the medicine, before she turns to her assistant who's in his human form. "I gotta say, these brats are pretty tough for making it out here on their own."

Chopper nods as he's placing the bandages on Rose's shirtless torso just below her cotton bra while she's unconscious. "Yea, from the looks of these injuries they must have faced the lapins."

Once Chopper places the last bandage on his patient, he puts a short sleeved t-shirt on her, gently lays her down on the bed, and turns his attention to the scratches and bruises on her arms, neck, and right cheek. From the age and shallowness of the wounds, he can tell that these marks have nothing to do with the lapin attack. Especially when he sees bruises that have to be weeks old. The more he observes them, the more concerned he grows for his patient.

He goes to the medical bag on the desk, to find something for the wounds, while Dr. Kureha finishes mixing the cooled down antibiotics and fills a needle with it. "This should do the trick. Chopper, answer this: what kind of bug gave the redhead that bite on her stomach?"

Chopper goes over to Nami to look at her stomach, then widens his eyes at the swollen, red, bite. "That's a casha bite!"

She nods as she walks over to Nami, sticks the needle in her arm, then inserts the medicine into her bloodstream. "Very good."

Chopper looks at her in utter shock. "I thought those bugs were extinct!"

"Looks like that's not the case. They probably went to an ancient island where they still thrived, or something. How's the other one doing?"

Chopper remembers what he was doing then starts digging into his medical bag again. "She has a bad scrape on her back, as well as frost bite, and a few bruised ribs on her left side. There are also scratches and bruises on her arms, neck, and a few on her cheek. I'm going to apply that ointment you made to make them go away faster."

Dr. Kureha quirks an eyebrow at the analysis before she goes over to the sleeping brunette, and looks over the marks. She narrows her eyes at the scratches, and can easily guess that a person did this. With the ointment that Chopper is getting, they should go away in a day so it doesn't matter to her about where they came from.

When Chopper grabbed the bottle of ointment from his bag, he walks up to the bed. However, Dr. Kureha quickly takes it from him before he could do anything. "I'll take care of applying it on her. I need you to hold her down. While this is effective, it burns like a bitch on scratches."

Chopper nods as he gently holds their patient down by placing one hand down on her thighs while the other is on her left arm. Dr. Kureha pours some of the ointment on her hand, takes Rose's right wrist, and starts roughly applying it on the patient's arm.

Rose groans as she flinches from the burning pain and tries to pull herself free, but Chopper's making sure that she stays in place no matter how hard she struggles.

When Dr. Kureha finishes applying it on the first arm, she looks over the gasping girl to see that she's still asleep. "She's definitely a tough one. Even when unconscious, a normal girl would at least yell from the pain. That should make things easy."

She grabs her lefts arm, while Chopper holds down the treated one. Once the old woman knows that Chopper is ready, she applies the ointment on her other arm, and causes Rose to start squirming again while Chopper keeps holding her down.

Rose grits her teeth in her sleep as she tries to turn and move her arms, but Chopper, and Dr. Kureha won't let her go. She kicks her legs to try to do something, but Chopper's hand won't let her legs go up any further than an inch. For the wind girl, the pain and restrictions are making the unconscious girl more anxious, and it took little time for her to reach the point where she couldn't take it anymore. "LEAVE ME ALONE!"