Chapter 15

Despite Rose and the boys' best efforts to catch up to Nami and Vivi, they've completely lost sight of them, so they're left alone to wander the desert in search for them.

Rose stays floating ten feet above the group, to be on the lookout for the girls and the camel, as the others continue travelling on foot. While Rose's searching for the girls in the air, she keeps blowing a small breeze to the boys below her to help them stay cool.

Even with the breeze helping to cool them down though, Chopper still can't handle the heat, so he's lying down on a small sled while Zoro drags it for him.

"Thanks for letting me stay on the sled Zoro." Chopper says.

The swordsman keeps his grip on the sled while he looks ahead. "Don't act polite. It's stifling."

"Nami-san! Where did you go?!" Sanji whines as he looks around desperately for the missing ladies but with no luck.

Usopp shakes his head at the cook's dramatics before he adjusts his goggles over his eyes to try to get a better view. "I got nothing. You still can't see them up there Rose?"

She frowns in disappointment, as she keeps her eyes on the barren horizon. "Sorry, no luck..." The wing girl keeps looking around, then looks down at Ace while she tries to figure out her next move. She remembers that Ace wanders off on his own sometime soon. As long as she keeps an eye on him, then maybe she can keep him from separating from Luffy, right?

She huffs, as she goes back to her search, but has no luck. "How the crap can a camel run that fast, anyway?"

"The hell if I know." Ace says when he looks back to see his little brother falling behind, because he's still dragging the sled full of his crew's luggage. "Hey Lu, you ok there?"

Luffy nods as he keeps dragging the sled. "Just tired..."

He looks up at Rose, and gives her a large, pleading, grin. "Hey Rose, can you take me and this stuff up there with you for a bit?"

Rose pauses at the idea, and sees this as a way to stop Ace from drifting away, so she gives him large smile. "Yea, no problem! Hey Ace, you mind coming up here too? I can use another set of eyes."

Ace freezes at the invitation before he starts smirking, because it's almost too easy to get close to her, to make Luffy jealous, at this point. "Yea, bring me up there."

Luffy lets go of the sled, when he knows that Rose has a hold of it and is more than happy to be flying again. "Thanks, hey, can you make your wind colder?"

She tenses up at the request, and quickly shoots it down. "Umm, maybe later. I'm not fully used to it yet. Hey, how cold was it when I made it anyway? Was it like Drum Island cold?"

"No, it wasn't that cold, but it still felt good."

"I see, maybe another time." Rose turns around with her back to the boys to get back to her search, and think about her powers. She knows that she can't create cold wind around them, or they'd be worried. Even if she tries to use a less upsetting memory, it could be given away that it's sadness. Maybe it's better to avoid mood breezes altogether...

Ace taps her on the shoulder to get her attention, so she turns around to see him smiling at her. "I'm sure you'll figure it out. We can go over it later if you want."

She shakes her head at the suggestion with a small smile. "Thanks, but I'd rather get the hang of this part of my wind on my own. What I really want to learn, is how you create a fire fist."

Ace blinks at the request before he chuckles. "Oh really?"

Her smile begins to grow, as she looks down at her arms. "Yea, the way you took down those Baroque Works agents was really bad ass! If I can do something like that with my wind, that would be really useful."