Chapter 53

With days passing since Aokiji's encounter with the Straw Hat crew, the ice Admiral is finishing his bike ride by reaching his destination to Marineford. As he walks the halls, any subordinate in his path was quick to get out of his way. He doesn't care if anyone is in his path, but he admits that it makes it easier to get him to where he's going.

In a matter of minutes, he reaches his destination to Fleet Admiral Sengoku's office, and knocks on the door.

"Enter." Sengoku answers for the ice man to step inside.

Once Aokiji closes the door behind him, Sengoku looks up from his paperwork, and slightly relaxes from the sight of his subordinate. "About time you came back. Were you riding your bike on the ocean again?"

The ice Admiral chuckles at the accurate guess, as he takes a seat on the couch across from his desk. "I did, and on my outing, I managed to meet the Straw Hats. They escaped though."

He twitches at the name of the infamous crew, that's causing them trouble, and groans at his laid back attitude. "You shouldn't be so calm at that!"

"Sorry sir, but I can tell that they'll be heading to Water Seven next, just as you thought."

He relaxes at the news that his plan isn't ruined, but at the same time, he's grown a bit curious about what he found out. "I see, were you able to find anything out about our two targets?"

"Nico Robin is definitely with them. The crew even protected her from me. She has them wrapped around her finger."

"And the outsider?"

Aokiji thinks back on his encounter with the wind child, before he tiredly sighs at what he has to say about her. "For once, we got an outsider that has future knowledge. She knew about my power, and about both my past and future. What's worse is that she acts just like a member of the D clan. She wouldn't stop fighting me even with severe frostbite."

Sengoku scowls at the news, because it confirms some of his worst fears. He looks over to the picture frame on his desk in slight depression of this. The photo in the black frame is obviously old due to the faded image, but three marines in the picture can still be made out. The two boys can be depicted as a twenty something Garp on the left, who's showing off his signature toothy smile, with a just as young Sengoku in the middle with a small stoic grin.

On the right though, is a young, pale, curvy marine woman, with curly raven black hair pulled back in a ponytail, that's down to her mid-back, a large smile that can compete with Garp's, and large amethyst eyes, that resemble the eyes in the outsider's photo.

He softly frowns at the marine woman in the photo, before he looks to his subordinate for the most important question to him. "What about her surname? Were you able to confirm it?"

Aokiji releases a small smirk from remembering the conversation with Rose, and speaks about it. "She denied the connection. I almost believed her too, but she couldn't hide all of her anxiety. I'm willing to bet that she does have a relation to the Alun family, but I don't think she's Alun D Aria and Aiden's child. She would've been much older than she is now."

Sengoku nods in agreement, but it doesn't take the mournful look off his face, from confirming that she's related to the woman in the photo. Dammit, why are so many marine bloodlines becoming pirates?!

He ignores the temptation of punching something, before he answers back. "Two of their children were with them at the facility that night. Their son didn't vanish, but their daughter did. Depending on how time works, in whatever world she came from, she could either be the missing daughter, or Aria and Aidan's granddaughter. In any case, we can't take this lightly since she's sided with the pirates."