Chapter 52

Neither words nor wind can describe the emotions that Rose began to feel when Zoro asked that question. However, she knows that there's only one response to this.

She holds her free hand up, to tell him to wait a second, then with the hand that's holding the liquor, she starts chugging it!

She ignores the disgusting taste of the contents, and keeps drinking as if it's the last drink she'll ever have, to help bury her fear about how he'd react to this.

Zoro sweat drops at how she's chugging her drink down, then starts to worry when he sees her cheeks getting red from drinking half of it so quickly. "Oi, ease up!"

He takes the drink back, and puts it behind him in case she tries to reach for it.

Lucky for him, Rose's tipsy self just gives him a childish pout from the calming juice being taken from her, and crosses her arms over her chest. "You're the one who gave it to me! What'd you fucking expect?!"

"So, it's true?" Zoro asks, which gets her to quit pouting.

Instead, she rests her back to the railing, and gives him a look that shows she'll fight him if needed. "If it is, then what would you do?"

He takes that as a yes, and judging from her defensive attitude, he knows that she won't go into detail about it. Still, he can't just leave this alone either. "I won't make you tell me everything. Just answer this, from what you saw, do we all make it?"

Rose widens her eyes slightly at the question, but she's glad that he's taking it better than she expected. "From what I've seen, none of us die. We get injured from time to time, and get stronger, but that's it."

Zoro nods from that, and slightly relaxes, but there's still more things that bother him. "In that case, it shouldn't be that bad to tell us. There's more to it, isn't there?"

She just chuckles at the correct assumption, and puts on a dry smirk. "You're turning into a real Detective Conan, aren't you?"

"Just answer the question."

She quietly sighs before she loses her smile. "You remember how I explained that I read something in my world that gave me this knowledge? Well, it's the crew's adventures that I read about. It not only held the adventures, but also each crew member's childhood pasts."

She watches as her words hit him like a moving train, then watches him grab his own drink, and take a swig to help him process this.

While he's busy with his own drink, she grabs her own from behind him, and takes a mouthful of it. When she pulls it away from her lips, she gives Zoro a sad frown when she sees him still drinking. "Like I said before, telling you guys the truth would freak you out..."

Zoro tenses up at the comment, stops drinking, and suddenly feels a soft, cold, breeze from her sadness flying towards him.

It's not as freezing as her scared breeze, but it still snaps him out of his shock to understand the gravity of the situation. "I get why now, but-!"

She angrily cuts him off, with a smack on the railing with her free hand, when the alcohol allows her to let out her pent up frustrations, and acts like she doesn't care anymore. "But fucking what?! You saw how the others reacted to my weird ass memory cloud! It wasn't the first time this shit happened either! Back in Alabasta, Usopp, Nami, and Sanji reacted so badly, to just the idea of other world people knowing about them, that they could barely look at me! If I told them, or anyone else back then, and even now, you'd all probably think I'm some creepy ass stalker, when..."

Rose begins to lose some of her anger, when her vision begins to blur from the tears building up in her eyes. She's quick to cover her eyes with her free hand, and finishes her sentence in a melancholy tone. "When I never planned for any of this crap. Not meeting you guys, not joining the crew, and especially not falling in love with Luffy..."