Chapter 7

At the top of the mountain in Dr. Kureha's castle, Chopper continues his chase from Luffy with Rose in his arms until he turns a corner, runs back into the lab where they started, and almost closes the door all the way with his foot. He and Rose watched through the crack in the door as Luffy ran past the room and continued running down the hall in hopes of finding them.

As soon as he knew that Luffy was gone, Chopper sighed in relief. "Finally, I thought I'd never lose him."

Rose nods as she stares out the door. "If Luffy's anything, he's persistent."

Chopper pauses as he remembers that he's still carrying Rose then puts her down. "Sorry, I shouldn't have dragged you into the chase!"

Rose quickly shakes her head before she giggles at the fun chase. "Don't be, that was really fun. This was probably the second craziest chase I've ever been in."

Chopper tilts his head in confusion before he changes back into brain point. "The second?"

"Yea, I was chased by a giant dinosaur a few days ago."

His eyes bug out in utter shock at the easygoing answer. "WHAT?!"

She nods before she giggles at the memory. "Yea, I had to shake him twice before he gave up on me."

She pauses before she strokes her chin in thought. "Actually, the second craziest was probably when I got chased by those lapins so I guess this is the third craziest." *Has it really not been a week yet? Man, I love this world.*

Chopper looks at her in pure awe. "W-wow..."

Rose grins down at him before she looks at her arms that are still burning from the ointment. "Hey doc, is it ok if I dry this ointment off now?"

Chopper widens his eyes at the question before he quickly nods. "Yea, it should be ok now. By tomorrow morning they should be completely gone."

The wind girl slightly widens her eyes at the news that her scars from her foster family's abuse will fade so quickly before she brightly smiles at him. "Really?! That's great, thank you!"

She couldn't help her excitement as the large grin stays on her face while she blows wind off her body to dry the ointment off her arms, neck and cheek. *I can't wait for all these marks to finally disappear! Now I won't have to deal with everyone's stares anymore!*

Chopper begins to feel a pleasant, warm, breeze blowing off her and brushing through his fur before he softly grins at the warmth. "Wow, what a warm breeze."

Rose blinks in surprise at the comment before her wind fades away. "My wind was warm?"

The reindeer nods before he looks at her in confusion. "You didn't feel it?"

She shakes her head before she looks down at her arms. "No, I just felt the wind blowing off me." *Maybe it's because of the burning.*

She shrugs to herself while Chopper nervously looks out the hallway for any signs of Luffy and sees that the coast is clear. "The infirmary you were staying in is five doors down the hall to the left. You should go back to bed and rest. Your injuries still haven't fully healed yet."

The brunette nods in agreement as she grabs her jacket from the back of the chair. "Sounds good, you should go find a better place to hide too before Luffy gets back."

Chopper didn't need to be told twice as he runs in the opposite direction of the infirmary.

Rose giggles at the fun she just had before she walks out of the room.

"ROSE!"

The freckled girl pauses to see Luffy run up to her then he looks around the halls frantically. "Where's the reindeer?!"