Chapter 30

The wind girl couldn't take her eyes off the childlike ghost in front of her, as she puts her note in her pocket, and steps up to Merry to get a closer look. She's completely amazed at how this ghost is the symbol of the crew's love for the ship, yet also the proof that Merry's death is coming soon. "This is just incredible."

Merry giggles at her curiosity as she floats around her. "What's the matter, Klabautermanns don't exist in your world?"

Rose widens her eyes at the question, but chuckles when she remembers that she woke up in this world on Merry herself, so there's no point in denying it. She looks back at the campsite, that's partially covered by the fog, but can still see that the crew's asleep, so she allows herself to speak freely. "There are stories of them, but I've never seen one until now. I honestly don't know where to begin."

"Ask away."

She slowly nods as she gently lays a hand on the railing as if it could break easily. "Did the keel reinforcing do anything to help?"

Merry loses her smile at the question before she looks to the mast. "It helped ease the pain, but the knock up stream was just too much for me..."

Rose's face fell at the answer before she lowers her head. "I see, I'm sorry then. I swear I tried-"

She stops herself when she feels a cool mist hit her head and raises her head to see that Merry's hitting her head with her hammer repeatedly, but the ghostly tool just goes through her. "Don't apologize! I don't want that!"

Rose blinks at her childish tantrum and quietly sighs in defeat. "Alright, then what do you want?"

Merry stops trying to hit her before she pouts. "I want you guys to enjoy every moment you have left with me." She looks towards the crew with a soft frown before she turns to the wind girl. "In order to do that, the others can't know that my adventure's ending soon or they'll get upset. Can you please keep it a secret?"

Rose chuckles at the request before she gives her a thumbs up. "Who do you think you're talking to here? Compared to my secrets, yours is easy to protect."

Merry happily smiles at the promise. "Thank you."

"I should be the one thanking you for letting me sail with you." She looks to the crew and spots the sniper starting to stir. "Hey, would it be alright if Usopp talks to you? It would mean a lot to him."

Merry nods as she watches Usopp move around in his sleep. "Yea, I'd like to speak with him too. How are you going to explain me being here?"

"Leave that to me. You just act like we haven't spoken yet." She floats off the altar, and goes to the crew while Merry gets to work on fixing the outside of the ship.

Just when Usopp's about to wake up, he feels his body feeling as light as a feather. When he's fully awake, he widens his eyes to see that he's floating towards the shoreline.

He gets ready to scream, but before he could Rose flies next to him, clamps a hand over his mouth, and speaks quietly. "Relax, it's just me. Nod if you won't yell."

He nods when they land at the shoreline, that's covered in fog, so Rose releases his mouth. He takes a deep breath to calm down before he looks at her in confusion. "What are you doing in the middle of the night?"

"I saw something strange on the Merry."

"What?" He goes into his satchel and grabs a telescope. When he looks through the glass, he drops his jaw when he sees a little girl floating outside of the ship.

"Oh my god, it's a-" Rose covers his mouth again when she sees him getting too loud.

"Calm down or you'll wake the others. What did you see?" She lets go so that he can whisper loudly in fear.