Chapter 25

Three days have passed for the crew since Robin's recruitment, and the journey has been for once a peaceful one. While some crew members are still suspicious of Robin, she managed to blend herself into the crew rather nicely and can read almost everyone now. She's managed to join in the crew's daily activities well by taking the lounge chair next to Nami's and reading a book.

When she turns the page, she looks up to see Rose sitting on the deck with her back to the mast, on the opposite side of where the sleeping swordsman lies, and reading her own book.

Ever since Robin discovered that Rose kept an eternal pose for herself, without telling the others, she's kept an eye on her to see if anything else was amiss, but so far, she hasn't come up with a lot. Rose never brought out the eternal pose again since that day, and allows Nami to guide them through the Grand Line with her log pose without giving any suggestions of going elsewhere. The wind girl always keeps her bag by her side, and even uses it as a pillow when she sleeps, so Robin can't look to see where the eternal pose leads, but it doesn't look like she has any desire to use it.

Even so, there's something about the brunette that she can't place her finger on. Rose does get along well with the others, but Robin can tell that she tends to keep to herself more than anyone else in the crew. Like right now, even though there's an empty chair with her and Nami, Rose stays on her spot by the mast with no signs of wanting to join them. However, whenever any of her crew mates need help with something, no matter what Rose's doing, she'd drop everything to help and then when she's done she puts herself back at a distance.

While Robin can't say that it's suspicious, she plans to keep an eye on Rose for another day to make sure that there's nothing to worry about.

Robin goes back into her book while Luffy, Usopp and Chopper continue to fish on the railing with their backs to the ship.

Chopper sighs in disappointment as he doesn't get a bite from his fishing rod. "Why can't we catch anything?"

Usopp tilts his head down to the water and reels his line in to find not even his bait on the hook anymore. "Maybe this area's the problem. Let's try on the other side of the ship."

Chopper and Luffy silently agree as they get off the railing with Usopp and head to the opposite side of the deck. 

Rose takes a break from her book, and looks up to see that they're heading to the opposite side of the ship. She looks to the railing to see that they're fishing, something that she's never done before, so she scoots alongside the mast to learn more about the sport.

As the trio settles in their new seat on the railing, Luffy looks over his shoulder to see Rose looking down at her book as if she wasn't watching them. "Hey Rose, come fish with us."

The wind girl snaps out of her book, as if she's been reading all along, and looks at her captain with a small smile. "Sorry, I can't."

"How come?"

She scratches the back of her head nervously. "Well, I never fished before, so I won't be much help on your side of it. When you guys send the fish flying over the railing, then I'll catch them for you."

Usopp widens his eyes at the explanation before he scowls at her. "That's unacceptable!"

Rose raises an eyebrow in confusion before Usopp starts ranting. "If you're gonna help then you need to know every fishing step you need to take! I'll be right back!"

He gets off the railing and runs inside before he runs out with a second rod in his hand. Once he reaches Rose, he stops and hands her the new rod. "Ready to learn how to fish?"

Rose blinks at the invitation to learn before she nods and gets up. "Sure, let's do it."

She and Usopp walk past the sleeping swordsman, who's laying by the mast, as the four pirates get ready to start fishing.