Chapter 19

Before the crew starts getting ready to leave for the next leg of their journey, they're happily enjoy the breakfast Sanji prepared at the abandoned restaurant next to the inn.

Rose enjoys her meal in her own silence, but stops when she realizes that Luffy didn't start the food picking battle, that they've been doing at almost every meal. She looks towards the captain, who's sitting diagonally from her, to see that he's stuffing his face like usual. Seeing as he's not doing anything else strange, she lets it go, and goes back to her meal.

But, she failed to notice that the captain has been giving her a sideways glance every now and then, throughout the meal.

Luffy ignores the odd stares, that he's receiving from some of his friends, as he keeps eating and sneaking glances at the wind girl. He keeps thinking of what could be causing Rose's wind to turn cold, but he's stumped. Whatever emotion it is, it must be something bad for her to keep hiding it, wait...

He suddenly stands up while he smacks his hands on the table to get everyone's attention. "You make cold wind when you're hungry!"

Rose nearly spits out the food that's in her mouth, before she clamps her hand over her mouth to force it down. *WHAT THE CRAP?! AFTER EVERYTHING I SAID TO HIM, HE DIDN'T EVEN TAKE AN HOUR TO START THE BET?!*

Vivi and Chopper rush to make sure she's not choking while the others look at him in confusion.

"What are you going on about now Luffy?" Nami asks with Luffy explaining what's going on.

"Rose and I agreed that if I find out what makes her wind cold then she'll join the crew. So was I right Rose?"

The others look from him to Rose in utter shock as the freckled girl forces herself to swallow her food.

She catches her breath, and wipes her mouth with the back of her hand in irritation. Obviously, talking him out out of it won't work anymore, so the only way to get out of this is to win... 

Rose narrows her eyes at Luffy. to show that she going to follow through with the game, as she shakes her head. "I don't make cold wind when I'm hungry. Now you only get one more guess today."

Luffy groans in disappointment as he sits back down. "I got nothing..."

The wind girl nods as she gets up from her seat. "In that case, I'm gonna start getting ready."

The others watch in silence as she leaves to finish packing up for the journey.

Usopp raises an eyebrow at the sudden departure, then turns to Luffy. "What did she mean by 'you only get one more guess today'?"

"I can only guess twice a day until we leave. I gotta figure it out on my own too, so don't help me!" Luffy says as he grabs the remainders of Rose's meal and chows down.

The rest of the group can only sit there in silence as they process his demand, but they silently agree as they get back to their breakfast.

Meanwhile, Rose finishes packing her backpack at the inn, and grabs her camera. She heads outside to take a few pictures of the town as she waits for the others. She tries her best to distract herself from her bet, when the swordsman comes out.

Zoro pauses when he sees her take a picture of him, then scowls at her. "Haven't you run out of film yet?"

Rose chuckles at his reaction, as she puts the camera away. "Nope, I bought a few rolls back in Nanohana, so I can capture everything."

He quirks an eyebrow at the comment, and looks at the abandoned town. "It's just some old buildings."

She shakes her head at his misunderstanding. "I don't mean just here, but this whole desert journey. It's been one crazy thing after another."