Chapter 44

With the second round of the Davy Back Fight going under way, both crews are more than excited to see what the second game would bring.

As the Straw Hats head to the field, Nami sees Luffy still taking Rose with him by the hand and calls out to him. "Hey Luffy, come here! I need to talk to you!"

Luffy and Rose stop and look back at the smirking navigator. Rose is suspicious of what she has planning, but with how important the game's going to be it can't be anything stupid, so she pulls her hand free and walks head with Usopp and Robin.

Luffy is still confused but nonetheless goes over to her. "What's up?"

Nami's smirk doesn't falter at all as she speaks up. "I heard how you didn't tell Rose about your feelings for her. You have any idea when to tell her?"

He widens his eyes when he remembers that he didn't confess to her yet and turns to where his crush went. "I'll go tell her now!"

He starts walking, but she stops him by blocking his path. "Hold on, you can't just randomly tell her."

"Why not?"

"If you just tell her, then she'll play it off as you liking her as friends. You need to show her how special she is to you. Give me until the end of the game to come up with a way for you to do it. Deal?"

"Ok, thanks Nami!" Luffy grins from the help he's getting with this new feeling, and goes off with Nami to rejoin the group.

When the group reaches the field, where a life preserver ring is placed on each end of the field, they stop at the edge to see that Zoro and Sanji are still arguing.

The rest of the crew can only watch in disbelief of how they're behaving like ten-year olds at such a crucial moment. Nami goes to say something, but is stopped when Chopper, who's still in his human form, punches both of their heads!

"SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!" Chopper yells at the childish men as they rub their heads.

Both Sanji and Zoro groan before they glare at their crew mate.

Sanji clutches at the ball like hat in his right hand then points his other hand to the moss head beside him. "I'll shut up when you tell this clown that he needs to be the ball!"

"No way perv, a stick like you is better off as the ball!" Zoro says with his angry eyes pointed at the chef.

Sanji goes to say something, but Chopper cuts him off by taking the hat. "I'll be the ball, so knock it off!"

The two pirates blink at the compromise and calm themselves down. "Ok."

The doctor sighs in relief of how he solved the problem, and takes his own hat off. He goes to Usopp and hands it to him before he buckles the ball hat onto his head.

"You sure you're going to be alright Chopper?" Usopp asks in worry for how he has to deal with those two idiots.

The reindeer man can only sigh before he gives him his backpack. "I'm not sure, but we don't have a choice."

"Good luck." Usopp says for Chopper to nod as he walks back to his teammates.

The wind girl sees the exchange and softly frowns at the reindeer in guilt. She knows that it's her fault that he's stuck with them for getting Usopp's team to win, but compared to being taken by the other crew, this is the best option.

She and the others wait in anticipation for the next round while the announcer flies on his bird and starts speaking. "Now the rules of the Groggy Ring are simple! You will steal the enemy team's human ball and dunk them onto the enemy's goal that's shown on the opposite sides of the field! And without further ado, time to introduce the teams!"