𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐖𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 | 𝟐

My steps became sluggish as the bright moon watched over Grisha and I, 'not too long to go dear', he said to me as I wanted to instantly hit the bed once inside.

Still latched onto Grisha's hand, we arrived at the Jaeger household after what felt like an hour. The ominous setting instantly changed as a pretty young woman opened the large door that stood in front of us.

Shining with beauty inside and out, her dark hair was tied into a low pony tail, flipped onto the side of her shoulder. She was wearing a messy apron, clearly from... *sniff sniff*, immediately I was immersed in the smell of a warm dinner coming from the cosy house. I could quite obviously smell a fresh loaf of bread, which sounded so yummy at this moment.

Observing the want for some food on my face, the fair lady bent down to my height, approaching me gently.

'Hello there little one. You must be F/N, my name is Carla Jaeger'.

A little shy, I replied quietly, 'Hello miss'.

'You're looking a bit peckish sweetie you ought to come inside where it's warm, and here we can have a longer conversation. Does that sound alright to you?' , she asked politely.

Still in a trance from the aroma, I slowly nodded my head and so she took my other hand to walk me in, now both of my hands occupied.

'Eren! Mikasa! F/N and your father are back home', she called out to them.

My head darted to the stairs as a quick rumbling began, straight down the stairs and quickly towards me, they both submerged me in another tight group hug.

This moment gave me a burst of energy, and suddenly I felt more lively.

Hugging them back even tighter, Carla set the table and called us over.

We walked over together, but my body still felt weak as I struggled to pull out the heavy wooden chair I was trying to sit on, thankfully Mikasa came to my aid and lifted it as if it was as light as a feather.

'Thank you Mikasa', I said to her, but truly was curious as to how such a small frame lifted a heavy piece of furniture with no struggle, we looked about the same age.

Snapping out of my thoughts, the smell of baked potatoes and vegetables filled my nostrils.

'Dig in', Carla insisted, watching me with a grin plastered across her face.

She seemed to me like the kindest mother in the world. I thought that it would be hard to just let someone into your home life like that, but anyone could see that it was clearly more of a blessing to her.

'So F/N, anything you want to tell us?', Carla's angelic voice made the question seem less serious than it actually was. I mean, I am a stranger to them so no doubt they were going to ask questions.

In truth I spoke, 'I'm sorry Carla but honestly I don't know much about myself, I haven't even looked in a mirror yet. I woke up about 3 hours ago and that's all I know'.

Still watching her, a look of despair deeply contrasted her natural golden eyes, she was saddened by my response.

'F/N, I want to let you know that even if you dont know anything about yourself, you can write your own story. Right here. Right now. Okay? We can start fresh!', now, a smile surfaced her stunning skin in an attempt to reaffirm her message, and that made me feel more accepted, knowing that after being conscious for only 3 hours, I already had people that would care for me.

Deep down in my young body, I was immensely grateful for that feeling.

It was one that I didn't want to go away.