𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 | 𝟐𝟏

850

'Great work out there F/N', Shadis's voice congratulated me as I had come down from the trees from our nape-slashing practice.

'Thank you sir', I replied, catching my breath, to look and see some of my comrades back on ground.

The trees stood tall above us as I watched the remainder of our friends and... I guess frenemies finish of the trials.

'When did you ever get that good at ODM F/N', Connie panted.

'Uh since forever Connie', I chuckled patting him on the back.

'How many napes did you get?', Jean asked abruptly.

'25', I shot back, 'What about you?'

'23', He whispered.

'What was that Jean?, I couldn't hear you, you need to speak a bit louder', I joked walking towards him.

'AH let go of me F/N', he yelped as I put him in a headlock.

As I laughed whilst Jean begged for me to let him go, the rest of our friends had finished their turns.

Everyone had returned to ground, all lined up in front of Shadis, our commander, teacher, whatever you want to call him for the past three years.

We're coming up to the last few months in the training squad, after graduation in March I hope to stay onto the survey corps. Just like Eren, Armin and Mikasa hope to too. I'm not sure about anyone else yet, well Jean is set on joining the military police with Marco, but that's all.

Hanji hasn't managed to catch another titan since our incident with the biology lesson a few years back, so our contact has been at a minimum since then as they had to go back to their branch. We both knew it would take a while, but they haven't given up and plan to catch some so we can start experiments after graduation.

I'll be fifteen then.

It's been five years since I woke up under that tree alone, some days I cant help but have it cross my mind. What happened to me. I try so hard to remember any detail about my life, but I cant.

And sometimes it feels hopeless.

However, I choose not to let myself worry about it, as now I have the most amazing and helpful group of friends surrounding me, that's all I need.

A part of me believes everything will fall into place, when it's right.

'Hey you spacing out there', Eren's voice welcomed me back as he also shook my shoulders.

'Huh', I questioned, seeing Eren directly in front of me, with Armin and Mikasa on the other sides of him.

'I wasn't listening to what Shadis said was it anything important?', I asked looking st the three of them.

'He said that we could take the rest of the day off because of how hard we worked today', Eren responded as the four of us began to walk back to the training grounds from the forest.

It was about a 25 minute walk but it was worth it, the scenery was lovely. I'm just glad we didn't run into any titans in the daylight, although we're more than trained enough now to handle a few.