𝐀 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐤 | 𝟏𝟕

'Hey, we're back'.

I heard a calm voice as my eyes began to open and adjust to the scenery around me, lifting my head up off the shoulders that it rested upon I was met with the same fence that troubled us earlier.

'You're gonna have to get off and walk now, I can't squeeze you through the fence', Eren's voice whispered.

I looked back down from the fence, half awake, to be met with Eren's face.

Although it was dark, the moon lit up his face, accentuating his features in the night.

I couldn't help but admire them.

'F/N'

He brought me back as he called my name once more, 'Yup, i'm awake', I yawned.

He ever so carefully dropped me off of his back, my feet touching the ground as I yawned once again.

I was so tired.

'Here take my hand, you'll trip otherwise', he called, as I looked to see Eren had stuck his hand out to guide me.

'I'm okay, i'm not that sleepy', I smiled gratefully.

'Well there's that, even though I can see you are, plus you haven't got a flashlight either', he insisted, further sticking out his hand, 'you'll trip otherwise'.

I stepped forward in an attempt to take charge, 'I'm fine don't wor-'

But before I was able to finish my argument, my right foot had met with what felt like a tree root, sticking out of the ground.

'Ahh!', I yelped as I fell, fearing I would hit the solid earth hard, waving my arms about to prepare for the landing.

'I've got you', Eren affirmed as he had managed to catch me before I hit the ground.

'You should listen to me more often F/N', he laughed as I stood back up and recomposed myself.

'Maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't', I joked, laughing too, 'But this time I think I will'.

'Good, now take my hand and follow me through. We have to be quiet once we go through the fence as everyone's asleep', he told me, bringing his index finger to his lips.

'Shhh', I whispered back, placing my left hand in his right, and brining my right index finger up to my mouth, mimicking him.

I watched him smile as he turned back around, lifting up the fence in which we escaped out of earlier. We quickly but cautiously stepped through, making sure not to rip any of our clothes on the prominent wires.

'And we're through', I spoke.

'Now we have to watch out for the nettles', Eren whispered in fear.

We made our way through them, surprisingly not being stung, and found ourselves back in the training grounds, free of any trouble.

'Mission complete Agent Jeager', I proclaimed sarcastically, sticking my hand out to shake his, as he did too, reciprocating it, 'Well done Agent F/N'.

'So where are the cabins from here?', he asked, looking around, familiarising himself with the way he saw the grounds from a different perspective.