𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐝 | 𝟐𝟒

'Excuse me', I passed my way through the crowd of people standing for our graduation.

'There are 218 people who made it to grad and you managed to be the last one in line, even when you are at the front', Eren chuckled as we awaited the commanders arrival.

'I'm not late this time though, we still have 5 minutes to go', I chuckled back, placing myself in between Eren and Jean, making sure to give Mikasa a little wave as she was right at the end of the line.

She bagged the first overall trainee, top of the class, and to no suprise. I'm beyond proud of her.

Eren on the other hand, placed 5th.

I got 6th.

'You jealous F/N?', Eren boasted as he placed higher than me.

'Actually no, i'm not Eren', I spoke as his face dropped in confusion, 'Just know that I plan to continue to work hard and one day i'll place higher than you'.

'You're all talk F/N', he shrugged in an attempt to startle me.

'Rifle me all you want Jaeger just you wait and see', I smiled, 'I will make the last move'.

'Yeah yeah', he laughed, turning his face back towards the front as a line of commanders began to walk on stage.

'Hey we never got to hand to hand combat did we?', I whispered in his ear ever so quietly.

'Now that I think of it, we didn't', he realised.

'After this then. We'll see who's the strongest'.

'You're on', he smirked.

'OFFER YOUR LIVES!'

'YES SIR!'

'From this day forth, all of you who have graduated from being trainees have three options. Firstly, the Garrison, which is responsible for wall fortification and defending the towns. Secondly, the Survey Corps, which resolutely ventures outside the wall into titan territory. And lastly, the Military Police, which governs the citizens and maintains order'.

I watched as the commanders lined up announced the options, the night sky becoming prevalent as the lanterns surrounding us provided light.

'Only those previously announced to be ranked amongst the top ten trainees can select the third option!'

I breathed out, a sigh of relief if you will, that all the hard work I put in, waking up to train with Mikasa, doing the best in my studies, slashing napes in the forest, everything since the day we got here three years ago i've worked hard to be in this position.

And i'm glad I received it.

Although it doesn't change my mind on which branch i'm joining.

I'm certain.

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

'We did it!', voices came from behind as the ceremony was over and everyone gathered for food and drinks.

Since then, everyone had changed out of their uniform into more relaxed clothes which we hadn't been in in a while.

'Why was I ranked below Eren, damn it', I listened to a sly remark from below me as I walked past to join the others with my drinks.

'What was that Jean?', I asked looking down to see his bothered face.

'Nothing F/N dont worry!', he said slightly worried, as he know's how close I am to Eren.