𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖

𝟏𝟐 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐄𝐡𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐭

'Section commander is something wrong?', Eren wondered as Hanji's face appeared baffled.

'Huh? oh well I was finally able to get my hands on the background report are requested for Annie Leonheart', they revealed to us all.

'Annie?', Eren paused.

'Yeah', Hanji repeated, 'It took longer than I was hoping for, the paper trails a bit of a catastrophe at the moment. According to this there were two other cadets in the 104 who hailed from the same region. I have their names. 1. Reiner Braun and 2. Bertholdt Hoover'.

'What?' I exclaimed.

'Not much survives in the way of records and thanks to the chaos five years ago what we have on them in unreliable. However, we do know that during the long range scouting formation, their unit was given false intel. They were among those intentionally mislead into thinking Eren was in the right wing', Hanji continued to reveal about the letter that Sasha had delivered earlier.

'Wait just a second, that's the section Annie attacked?', Armin realised.

'What does that mean?' Sasha wondered.

'Well it's possible they told Annie where they thought Eren was', Armin let us know.

'Huh? why would they do that?', she questioned further.

'Where are you going with this Armin? You cant just accuse-', Eren began to shout, before being cut off by Hanji.

'I totally agree. Coincidence doesn't establish relationship. Bare in mind i'm curious to know how the three interacted whilst training. What can you tell me?', Hanji asked out towards those of us that were there during the training of the 104th.

'I knew Bertholdt and Reiner were from the same region as Annie, but I never saw them act friendly', Armin notified, recalling his time with them.

'Same with me', Eren looked down, 'Plus it's not like Annie is very social to begin with'

'Yeah at meals she always seemed to prefer eating by herself, I dont know. Oh! I think I have something that struck me as weird at the time! I heard she likes sweets!', Sasha mentioned to her surprise.

'I've got nothing', Mikasa commented, 'Except maybe that-', she attempted to speak before Eren intruded.

'Guys what are we doing?', Eren called out before I interrupted him.

'Well what if they're not from here?', I posed.

'What do you mean by that?', Hanji questioned, everyone staring at me.

'When I first met Annie we were way younger, I bumped into her once our boat had arrived from Shiganshia after the attack. We got to talking and she mentioned how...'

'What is it F/N?', they questioned.

'How she couldn't go home. They couldn't go home. At the time I understood it was because of Shiganshia falling but now, what if, what if they aren't from where you're all from', I looked around to everyone, 'What if they're not from here?'.

'These are our comrades we're talking about', he looked me in the eyes, 'Yeah sure Bertholdt never has a lot to say, but Reiner's like everyone's big brother you know! You really think he's capable of lying to us?'.

'Eren has a point, Reiner fought the female titan with everything he had. Almost got himself squeezed into a bloody pulp in the process', Armin explained.