𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 | 𝟗

Mumbling began as the commander came down to begin cadet introductions, and people soon began to realise that he had skipped over a few of us.

Including me.

It's no surprise, there wasn't a need for us to be scared straight then moulded into clean slates, because we had already been through it all.

They know where we're from.

'YOU, I'M TALKING TO YOU! WHO ON EARTH DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?'.

'I'm Sasha Braus from Dauper, in Wall Rose's Southern District sir!'.

I watched as the commander screamed in the young girls face, she was holding what looked to be a steamed potato. To be eating it right now? I don't blame her, but she sure is courageous to be eating it in the middle of introductions.

As he continued to shout, I peered around the rest of the cadets, to scope them out. I saw a familiar face standing close to me, with the same striking blonde hair from a few years back.

'Annie?', I whispered trying not to gain attention from commander Shadis.

'F/N?', she replied in a slight shock.

'I can't believe you're here, we'll talk after', I told her as I didn't want either of us to get into trouble.

I could see what he was doing with the poor girl and her potato, Sasha, and I didn't want to get Annie and myself into any sort of trouble.

After the shambles that was our introductions, we began working with the vertical manoeuvring gear. I stepped up to be harnessed in between the poles, with hooks on either side of my hips.

'You ready F/N?', Eren whispered into my ear whilst fixing the attachment to the tight harness.

'Yep, i've got this', I grinned in reply.

'Hoist her up Armin!', Eren exclaimed.

'Doing it now!', he replied and with that Armin began to lift me up.

I could feel myself slowly lift off of the floor, I spread my arms out for balance and took a deep breath in, closing my eyes, slightly nervous as I was first up in my group and everyone was watching.

'You're doing it F/N!', Mikasa yelled, snapping me out of my disassociated state, to open my eyes and see everyone looking at me in awe. I wasn't moving.

I was perfectly still.

'I see you're good at bringing balance F/N', I turned my head full of joy to see commander Shadis watching me. My face dropped because I felt scared he was going to shout, but his words were actually encouraging.

'Thank you sir', I replied happily.

'SWAP OUT', he yelled after turning away from me and facing everyone else.

'You're next up Mikasa', I informed her as Armin lowered me and Eren came to help me get out of the harness. She grabbed her equipement, waiting for me so I could help her get into hers.

'You did good out there', Eren stated as he unclipped the metal hook gripping me.

'Think you can do better?', I chuckled, challenging him.

'We'll see', he grinned.

My feet dropped to the floor as I stepped out, placing my equipment to the side so I could go and help Mikasa, 'You've got this', I smiled at her finalising the hooks.