𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐜 | 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐 | 𝟓

Grisha's POV :

'Hey Grisha how are the others doing?'.

Lifting my head from the view of my medically equipped briefcase I looked to see the blonde boy tightly wrapped in his cotton quilts.

'Eren and Mikasa are in a slightly better condition than you are, but i've given them what I am going to give you now and it should take effect soon'.

'What is it you're going to give me?', he asked curiously.

'A cure you could say', I answered.

'Hmm... What about F/N? Is she not with them?', the blonde boy wondered.

'She is, but wasn't relaying the same symptoms as the other two so i've kept her in a separate room, in hopes that she doesn't get infected'.

'Do you think it's something to do with where she came from?', he posed another question.

I paused and looked directly towards him, a small sweat appearing on his tiny forehead, not from the fever.

'Did Eren and Mikasa tell you about where she came from?', I asked, hoping for a valuable response.

'Well no...', Armin mumbled with a nervous expression, 'But she's our age and i've never seen her around here before, so I just had a feeling she's from somewhere else, you know, like another district or something'.

'I see. Very attentive you are Armin, I admire that'.

'Thank you sir, but do you know where she is from? I'd like to know if it's not too much of a bother...'

'I'll let her tell you that, she'll probably be able to explain it better', I told him whilst bringing the needle towards his arm, 'There's going to be a slight pinch Armin are you ready?'.

'Yes!', he assured me although his eyes were closed, clearly a little bit frightened.

I peered over to his grandfather who seemed to feel helpless in this moment, 'Could you go and grab him some water please Mr.Arlert', with that he got up and trotted off downstairs to retrieve him a drink.

'Armin I have a few questions i'd like to ask whilst your grandfather is gone. May I?'

'Sure, go ahead', he nodded.

'Were you in contact with anyone else on your way home today? This disease is communicable if you know what that means'.

'Yes sir it means it can be transmitted to others and I did bump into a few people yes...', he admitted whilst looking away.

'Seems to have been quite a hard bump Armin', I suggested whilst reffering to the graze on his head, 'If someone isn't being kind to you you must let Eren and Mikasa know alright? They'll back you up, as I know F/N will too'.

'I'm okay Grisha believe me, it's just a scratch and plus Mikasa always manages to scare them off', he shared with a slight grin taking over his face.

'Good then, i'm sure none of us want you getting hurt. On a different subject, what did you guys get up to today?', I changed the direction of our conversation whilst I finished attending to him.

A bigger smile appeared on the small boys face as he seemed interested in sharing, 'I read them one of my favourite books!'.

It was nice to see him be more himself now, 'And what was it about?'.

                         Armin's POV :

'And what was it about?, Grisha asked whilst beginning to pack away his belongings.