𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 | 𝟑𝟎

Night 2

The evening had passed quickly as I spent it alone in my room, too tired and confused from the earlier experiment that I once again decided to end the night early.

Until there was a knock at the door.

'F/N? It's Hanji. Dinner's ready if you wanted to come down and get some', Hanji's voice called out from behind the closed wooden door.

Holding my stomach which I just now realised was growling, I decided I needed to join them before bed.

'I'm coming!', I replied loudly so that they would hear me, as I whipped on some socks so that my feet wouldn't get cold and dirty from the floor.

I'm kind of thankful that Levi wont be visiting us here because who knows what cleaning he would have put us up to.

'There you are', Hanji smiled as I opened the door, and I spoke returning the smile.

'What's on the menu?'.

'Tonight is pasta with a tomato sauce that was freshly made', they spoke as we walked down the hallway together and down the stairs.

'That sounds good', I cheered, now glad that I came down for food.

Entering the dining room with everyone sitting down, there was once again a saved seat for me on the table with Moblit, Miche and the others, to which I was glad.

Giant bowls of the meal were placed upon each table, allowing for us all to dig in ourselves.

It was comforting seeing everyone talking and eating like this, almost like a family.

I couldn't help but smile.

'Thank you for the food', I spoke out to my table, as they did too.

'I want to thank you F/N, the results you have given us today are just incredible. It seems that only you can provide us with a different reaction from the titans compared to everyone else', Hanji boasted about their new discoveries, 'You and Eren with your combined abilities will help us defeat the titans for sure'.

'I look forward to it', I chimed in with the group.

'Speaking of Eren, do you know when i'll next see him?', I asked politely, taking advantage of everyone's happy moods.

'Well at some point I plan to go over to Levi's and ask Eren to come and join us in an experiment', Hanji admitted, as the biggest grin ever appeared on my face.

'You must miss him a lot to be smiling like that', Moblit pointed out as I looked at him, he portrayed a soft smile.

'Yeah', I paused with a smile, 'I do'.

'But still we have to wait', Hanji pointed out, 'There's more work to do with you F/N'.

'What like?', I questioned as I ate my pasta, which was actually really nice.

'I'm wondering if we can try to train the pace at which your body heals itself'.

'How would you do that?', I asked in fear of Hanji's methods.

'I think building up your physical endurance will help it. Don't worry F/N I wont be cutting you open', they laughed.

'Oh good', I sighed in relief, laughing as well.

Finishing off my food, we continued to talk about titans for a while, but then it was finally time for me to go up.

'You want me to take your bowl?', Moblit asked.