𝐀 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 | 𝟖

We stepped off of the large boat which had held the survivors of Shiganshia. The atmosphere was low and people were lost, mentally and physically. I could see people hurdling together with the remainders of their loved ones, a sight I wish I didn't have to see.

'Here's some food you guys', Armin announced as he passed the three of us some small loafs of bread.

'Thanks Armin', I replied, bringing it to my mouth in hunger, the four of us walking towards a brick wall to sit down against.

'So what do we do now?', Mikasa asked.

'I think they're gonna put us out in the fields. Especially since we're young and can't go out to fight yet. We'll be working with agriculture, there's already a shortage on food as it is', Armin replied in honesty.

At this rate I just wanted to fight. I didn't care how young I was and i'm sure Eren didn't either.

But they wont let us. We'll have to wait.

'Hey guys i'm just going to go to the toilet i'll be right back', I realised I hadn't been to the toilet in a while and it was soon catching up to me.

'Okay F/N we'll be waiting here', Eren insisted whilst they waved me off quickly.

I scurried off around the corner to find the toilet blocks. Worried I might get slightly lost by myself I tried to be quick, although watching where I was going was probably more important.

Because I bumped into something.

As hard as a crystal.

'Ow...', I groaned rubbing my head, not noticing what I had just bumped into.

I finally looked over to see another girl on the floor, also rubbing her head in slight pain.

'I'm so sorry! I should've looked where I was going!', I exclaimed sincerely as I scooter over to her to check if she was okay.

'No worries', she replied.

She had the most beautiful hooked nose and bright blonde hair, tied up in a small bun with framing pieces at the front.

'What's your name?', I asked, growing curious.

'Annie. Annie Leonhart, you?'

'I'm F/N, lovely to meet you', I gestured.

'No last name?', she questioned.

'It's a long story but no, I don't.'

'F/N is all good.', she said to me as I looked up at her.

'So... are you with anyone or are you here by yourself?', I questioned, changing the mood slightly.

'I'm here with two of my friends. We were lucky to escape', Annie answered me shortly.

'I'm glad you still have some people. This really took a toll on some of us', I replied.

'Who are you here with?', she questioned to me.

'I'm here with my three best friends. One has a grandad who is here but the rest are gone, even before the fall', I told her slightly awkwardly.

'I'm sorry to hear that', she consoled, although her face seemed to show little to no emotion.

'It's okay. We're dealing with it. I'm sure there is someone from home you miss too', I implied.

'Yeah, there is. But we cant go back...', she uttered, 'I have to go back to my friends now F/N, maybe i'll see you around'.

'Glad I bumped into you Annie, I hope to see you again', with that the blonde girl turned the corner and I began to move onto the toilets, turning around to get one last look at the girl I was oddly intrigued with.