𝐌𝐏𝐬 | 𝟒𝟓

'It's about Eren'.

'What about him?', I questioned as we all appeared concerned.

'Eren remembered a conversation between Ymir and Bertholdt, based on this we speculate that Ymir used to be a mindless titan, just like the others', Hanji revealed.

I sat, listening intently.

'That was until she consumed someone from Bertholdt and Reiner's group. We've never seen a titan turn back into a human by eating someone before, that said, Reiner's comrades aren't normal humans and there's a different set of rules for humans that can turn into titans'.

          ┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

'We can do this, we're both strong enough. For our families. I'll inherit the female and you the beast'.

'We can do it?'

'Yes, together'.

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

'My thought is this; if a titan eats someone with that power, then it'll transform back into a human and what's more they'll obtain any powers that that human had', Hanji continued.

'Like in the battle the other day, Reiner was throwing titans at Eren as he tried to run away. He knew that Eren had the power to take command of feral titans with his scream, so if Eren's death meant that power was lost, he wouldn't have risked it. I think he hoped one of those titans would eat Eren and take his power'.

I looked to my side as I could feel a slight tension, placing my hand on Mikasa's lap to reassure her as she became frustrated.

'My point is, if the government has a titan of their own, they'll use it to eat Eren', they finished.

I watched as Mikasa stood up, pacing towards the exit of the door before Levi halted her, grabbing her shoulder.

'Calm down', he demanded, 'I know you want to get Eren back but going on a rampage wont help with that'.

She relaxed slightly, turning back to look at Armin and I.

'And anyway, we're heading for Rod Reiss' estate. Prepare to leave at once'.

'Yes sir!'.

I stood up, ushering Armin out from the seats at the wooden table, as we all began rushing to get our things together to leave.

I watched as Mikasa moved in front, with Armin behind me, 'We have good knowledge on as to where Eren and Historia are, so we'll find them'.

'I hope so', Armin muttered.

'We'll find something there. If not a clue to where they are being taken', I spoke, turning into another room.

'Mikasa', I halted, she ignored me, she was emotionless and yet I could see how much it was eating her alive.

I feel the same, but I have to be strong. For her, for everyone else.

'We'll find him. I'm sure of it', I addressed, pulling my jacket on over my arms as she looked at me.

I tied my laces as she finally spoke, 'I know', I looked up to her with a slight smile.

'Let's go!', our heads turned as Jean popped his head through the door. Looking towards Mikasa, I nodded, we grabbed our bags and headed out to see everyone already outside.

Heading out on foot, we covered our faces when moving towards public areas, it was a secretive journey.

'Titans who can turn back into humans... Can you believe it?', Armin observed as we stepped over twigs, branches and crunchy leaves.