𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 | 𝟐𝟔

'They're doing a briefing outside, you're in the middle and i'm in the rear guard. You also have a little squad to manage', Mikasa relayed to me.

'We're in different groups', I spoke.

'Yeah, Armin and Eren are together though, where is Eren I need to speak with him', she asked as we looked around, I spotted Eren quickly.

'What are you two doing here?', he questioned as he was strategising with his group.

'I need to talk to you Eren', Mikasa pleaded as everyone rushed around us.

'I'll head off to make sure my group is okay before we leave, good luck you guys', I spoke before turning and waving, saying goodbye hoping that it wasn't our last.

As I walked over to my group, I began to spot a few familiar faces who I wasn't too happy to see.

'Amber, Ashley, good to see you here', I lied, 'Have you filled your gases enough?'.

'Are you really the head of our squad?', they both scoffed as they awaited a leader.

'Yeah I am, listen I dont want there to be any arguments out on the field so we'll pretend they never happened just while we fight, we're up next to leave anyw-', I offered, before being interrupted by a shove to the shoulder.

'As if we'd listen to you', they both laughed and walked past sternly.

'Fine', I sighed, looking up towards the rest of my group filled with people I only recognised by face, 'We've got this guys. Let's go'.

With that, our group began to exit the building to go into the middle guard. I turned before leaving with my group, we were first out, to see Mikasa, Armin and Eren all waving me off.

As I waved back, turning the corner, I lost sight of the three of them. 'This is it F/N', I spoke to myself, 'Protect your squad'.

'Everyone remember your training and dont separate!', I shouted as we all began to run on top of the houses, already seeing titans who were making their way to the rear guard.

'Oh no you dont!', I shouted, slicing the nape of a large titan, so precisely, as I watched my squad behind me follow up.

'You're fast F/N', one of my comrades commented.

'Thank you', I smiled, 'but let's keep going, I can see four titans up ahead. We'll take them on together'.

I felt a bit bad not knowing their names, as I really should have asked beforehand, but now wasn't the time.

'Excuse me we can take one each', Amber interrupted rudely.

'That's not a good idea, if we split and someones in trouble it's unlikely you'll get to them in time',

'But we'll kill them faster', Ashley moaned.

'I think you're forgetting who the leader of the group is', I spoke sternly as we had no time to waste, 'As much as I don't like you two i'll do everything to keep you alive, got it?'.

I watched as my groups faces dropped, Amber and Ashley's heads slowly nodded yet they rolled their eyes.

'The four have split now, two up ahead and two making their way towards us, let's get them first', I ordered.

Quickly, using my ODM gear I chased the two rabid titans that were so close to their escape, as my group followed behind, 'You get that first one! I'll go ahead! Remember stick close!', I shouted as I stretched up ahead, leaving the 5 others in my group to deal with the one behind me.

As I reached the creature, a strong sense of guilt washed over me, but for the case of my other comrades, I didn't let it affect me and continued in my mission.