Chapter One

Mia's POV:

"Wake up hun, wake up you're gonna be late." I hear her soft voice ringing in my ear as she puts a tray of my hair away from my sleepy face, her touch full of love, until it became a loud and manly voice and I feel being punched in my gut.

My eyes shot open, I sit in my bed, cold sweats dripping down my forehead, my hand over my heart and feeling it beat really fast, nightmares...again. I've had those for so long, and unfortunately they don't just occur during the night.

I heard screams downstairs and the first thing I do is get up and lock my bedroom door as fast as possible. I can't and won't let him come up here again.

I hear as he yells over at someone and I hear a woman's voice, probably one of his hookers again. All of a sudden I hear baby cries.
"Shoot! Please please be quiet stop crying." I say to myself as I hear my baby sister Aly in the other room crying, if I get out there he'll probably see me and use me again as his punching bag, but I can't leave her out there with this psycho maniac who doesn't have any honor and could even beat a baby up.

I try to listen a bit more as the screams downstairs haven't died down, with luck he didn't hear her yet, I sigh as I know what I have to do, go and get her, for her to be safe here inside with me.

I unlock my door ever so carefully without trying to make any noise, I open my door and go straight to Aly's room, she's standing up on her crib looking so scared and so tiny, hell she's only one year old.

As soon as she sees me she stops crying and lifts her tiny arms up telling me to pick her up. As soon as I do so I quickly run back to my room with her in my arms and as I was about to open my door I hear his raspy voice say.

"You better be asleep and not helping your jerk of a little sister!" I could hear his fat and strong pace walk up the stairs I quickly closed the door and locked it made my way to my bed and laid her down with me next to her, trying to comfort her and close my eyes to wish it was only a dream.

Funny thing is we're 5min from midnight, and at midnight we'll be the 12th of June, which is my birthday and I'll be 21, my mom always asked my to stay home until I'm 21 I never asked why, but since she passed away 8 months ago I always promised myself, like I did to her, to stay until I'm 21. The problem is with my mom being gone and the horrible stepdad we have, I can't even consider leaving Aly alone with him.

As I watch the clock hit 12.00, I heard a big knock on the door, I tried to forget him as I hush Aly in my arms as she was scared to death, a bit like me, I know what Roy is capable of and I am scared for mine and Aly's safety.

"Open the door you little piece of crap!" He said now punching the door.
I feel a tear slide down my face as I hear another bang on my door, calling 911 wasn't even an option, Roy having my phone confiscated a year ago because I didn't comply to his request to, and I quote, "go move my smart ass and grab a beer for him", I was helpless and I wasn't even scared for myself anymore I was scared for Aly.

The scars on my body of the oh so nice treatments he used to give me and still do even more now that my mother has passed wasn't something I was willing to see happen on my poor baby sister, she was the fruit of my beautiful mom and this monster tho thankfully she looked so much like mom. As I was staring in her beautiful green eyes I hear the door burst open to see his face full of rage.

"Roy please she was just crying I'll do anything but please leave her alone." I pleaded, I never was the stand up for yourself kind of girl I'd just go with whatever was thrown at me, but it wasn't about me anymore it was about Aly. 

I could feel his gaze on me as he smirked and I knew what he was thinking about, his breath heavy due to the galons of alcohol he might have drank tonight and he smelled terribly. He came towards us and put his hand up high as he always does before beating the living crap out of me, I closed my eyes and protected Aly I my arms as hard as I could but not trying to suffocate her.

But this time nothing came, I opened my eyes to see Roy freeze and something somewhat sparkling, somewhat transparent, all around me and Aly, and just when I was about to close my eyes not wanting to see what was going to happen if that sparkly thing would go away, a loud boom was heard and everything turned pitch black.

—————————————————
Hey lovely readers thank you for reading this first chapter I really hope I can and will be able to put all my ideas into words and that the story will be good enough 🙈
It's my first time writing a book about a movie and with characters of a movie and I'm nervous.

Anyway if you have any ideas any requests, if you find any spelling mistakes pls let me know I'll improve myself! So yeah it's a start I hope it's not too cringey and as the story goes pls let me know what you'll like to see or love interests and stuff.

Thanx for ready and I hope you'll like it.

Love, Ceph