Chapter Five

The landing went smoothly, everything was fine and Aly was now awake.

"It's going to be a first." says Maria picking Aly up in her arms.

"What is?" I asked her as I took the baby bags and my backpack,

"Having a baby here." says Natasha laughing a bit.

"Well lets' just hope this beauty won't be trouble." I said looking at Aly, which just laughed and made us all laugh.

Maria gave me Aly back and took the rest of her bags and an agent came to take the rest of our bags as well . As we stepped out of the jet, an enormous compound appeared in front of me, a lot of trees all around an enormous A on it, well if this isn't for the Avengers I don't know what it stands for.

We entered through two big glass doors and a man wearing all black with an eye patch was the first person I saw while entering the gigantic place, he had his hand behind his back and was looking through one of the big glass windows.

"Sir." said Maria as she stopped in front of him, he turned around and looked at me and Aly.

"Miss Mia, Miss Aly, it's my pleasure to have you here, and let me say how deeply sorry I am for your loss. I hope agent Romanoff and Hill treated you well." he asked smiling weirdly, guess smiling isn't his forte.

"Yeah everything was fine thank you so much for having us here, we won't be a problem for you Sir." I said to him, not even knowing his name.

"Please call me Nick." he said before starting to walk and we followed, I saw Nat making a weird face at his answer.

"Please you are here home now, feel free to ask me anything or if you have questions do not hesitate, I have an important meeting to attend to but I am sure that agent Romanoff will be kind enough to show you around, we also have a day care for miss Aly right here. See you soon" he said before turning and leaving us all four together.

"I do need to go too, will you guys be okay together?" Maria asked and we all nodded, she gave us a smile and left.

"So who was that? I mean he's nice and all but he is..?" I asked Nat, she laughed 

"He's the director of S.H.I.E.L.D., Nick Fury, normally he doesn't let anyone call him Nick, but you must be special." she joked elbowing me and I laughed, I went put Aly in her stroller because I couldn't keep her in my arms a minute more but Nat beat me to it and took her in her arms.

"So I'll show you around and I will introduce you guys to some people then we can go over anything you want, from training, to doing nothing, you've just arrived so I guess you need a bit of rest too." She said smiling, 

"I mean for me it's fine as long as I can change and drop all the bags somewhere." I tell her a bit tired from the trip and my brain still processing things that happened like 5 hours ago.

She told me a bit of the story of S.H.I.E.L.D., what the Avengers have accomplished lately, and even told me some of their secrets, which was funny.

"So that's you, your room and Aly's" she smiled letting me inside a beautiful room, with baby blue and white walls, some golden flowers painted on the wall, a white king size bed, a beautiful a big wardrobe, a baby pink crib and all the amenities I would need to change her and they even put white butterflies over her crib which reminded me of my mom and how she loved butterflies, I didn't even realise when a single tear dropped to my feet.

"Wow, that is one absolutely gorgeous room. Thank you so much." I said hugging her.

"You are welcome, after what you have been through I feel like it's normal, you deserve it." she tells me, "now, here you have the bathroom, with shower, bathtub and everything, you can go change if you want while I play with Miss green eyes over there." she said to me.

"Thank you so much, I 'll be right there." I dropped all the bags and found a black long sleeve sweater with the shield logo on it, laying on the bed so I took it with me, entering the bathroom I let out a silent sob, how could my life go to miserable to something  amazing like those people actually care about me and Al. I freshened up once I had calmed down, I putted my black skinny jeans my black vans and the Shields sweater which was really comfortable, it was hugging my skin and was really light weight, I let out my long curly hair down, knowing I'll regret it later because God knows how much Aly loves to pull my hair. I got out of the bathroom and saw Aly and Nat playing together.

"Aw, it suits you." I tell her sitting on the floor next to them. She just elbowed me and rolled her eyes.

"We should go, are you ready to meet them?" she asked a smirk on her face.

"Yeah I am ready, nervous but ready." I said getting up and taking Al in my arms. We walked out of my room and apparently the rooms locked themselves up they just need your fingerprint to open, curtesy from Tony Stark apparently.

"So here is the kitchen, where we almost all are at all hours of the day and or night." she said pushing the door open, revealing an enormous kitchen with couches and Tvs everywhere, that's when I realised that everyone had their eyes on me.

Great, I just love attention.I took a deep breath and gave them all my best smile.