Chapter 48

As the alarm was blaring, Steve and I got up quickly and made our way out of the kitchen. I went straight to Nat's quarter and she immediately opened with a crying Aly in her arms, 

"Mia, I don't know what to do." she said a bit panicked, I took the crib she had in her room and put it in her bathroom taking Aly in my arms, and trying to soothe her as fast as possible but to no luck, the stupid alarm was ringing loudly, I tried to concentrate on my powers and made a soundproof bubble around us. I also tried to use my powers in a way to make her fall asleep which surprisingly worked. I really need to keep a diary of all the things my powers can do. As and she fell instantly asleep as I put her back in her crib. I made a soundproof and shield kind of force field, we never know what might happen, I put the baby camera near her and had the video on my phone just in case, then Nat and I locked the bathroom and her bedroom door. 

We started running towards the control room of the compound when all the lights were cut off, 

"Hydra." was all Nat mumbled just before I turned us invisible as some soldiers who were not S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, came running in our direction,

"Ready?" I asked Nat through mind link I only got to see her nodding as the Hydra agents approached us, we could see they had night vision goggles, but they were no use against us. We took down the first group of 5 together and tied them together as quickly as possible taking their weapons at the same time.

We continued to make our way towards the other corridors and we saw Sam and Clint trying to fight off a bigger group that we had to deal with previously,

"Mia watch out!" I just heard before feeling a slight cut on my forearm, I looked at the person who cut me and instantly saw red, even if my cut automatically regenerated, it still hurt like hell. I used my invisible force to throw the agent on three other agents going after me too, and crushed them into unconsciousness. We tied their hands and legs together too. The four of us now making our way towards the upper level of the compound. Mind you I was still wearing my fuzzy socks, and thank God my pyjama pants were really yoga pants.

We all stopped when the lights came back on,

"Stark's backup battery took its sweet time to get workin'." said Sam as we continued our way to the stairs trying not to make a sound, 

"How did they enter? Isn't this supposed to be like a super secure compound." Clint says holding on tight to his bow and arrow, I just looked at him and he shrugged, I put my finger out in front of my lips signalling them to be quiet because some people were coming. I turn everyone invisible and we made our way up the stairs, in less than three minutes the 15 soldiers that were making their way to the stairs were dead or unconscious. 

Slowly we were all together, finding Steve, Wanda, Thor, Loki, Tony, who had to put Pepper somewhere safe too. We were pretty sure no-one was still on the levels we had just been but as I looked around it downed on me that Bucky wasn't with us. I started to run to the control room,

"Mia where are you going?" I heard Steve yell, and what left my lips couldn't have been more frightening to the both of us,

"Bucky!" I yelled back, and instantly everyone was running with me in the direction of the control room, as soon as we entered Bucky was on the other side of the room, a man with a big Hydra logo on his back, from the corner of my eyes, I could see that all the agents of the control room had been killed or beaten up to unconsciousness. That's when I saw Maria, leaning against the wall, a split lip and a hand on her side, she had been shot and she would need immediate attention, looking everywhere I couldn't spot Uncle Nick. I sent a wave of power to Maria, hoping that it will ease her pain in the meantime.

"Step away from our snow cone." I heard Tony say to the guy who was standing in front of Bucky, Tony had his arms outstretched, his hands reactors ready to blast.