Chapter 56

There I was, waiting in front of the two big doors leading to the grand hall. All dressed up and ready for my coronation.

(In my imagination she looks like this but if you have any other idea do not hesitate to link them in the comments ^-^)

I was wearing this white and gold warrior armour that almost looked like a normal dress and I couldn't help but think of what Strange had told me. How was I supposed to go on and be in the moment and enjoy this special day when I knew that, sooner rather than later, something terrible was going to happen.

I heard Odin's voice ringing even with the doors closed. I took a deep breath and tried to think about something else. I concentrated on my breathing and on not trying to fall or trip or something. I saw the guards on each side of the doors looking at me and nodding signalling me it was showtime. I put on the helmet and readied myself.

As soon as the doors opened I could see that the room had been prepared and decorated for the occasion. No more tables around, there were rows of benches and everyone was standing up. It definitely looked like a wedding. I could feel my heartbeat quicken and found myself counting to ten in my head, feeling a panic attack coming. But then I looked a bit further in front of me and finally found that pair of blue eyes that could instantly make me feel better.

I took a deep breath and walked towards where Odin was, passing by the rows of people. Odin walked down a couple of steps as I waited at the bottom of them.

Nodding towards Thor and Loki, who were both on my right, a look of pride of their face.

Even Loki looked ok, I didn't feel that weird aura again, and I was glad that maybe today would be a quiet festive day, and not one for drama.

Everything went by in a blur and soon enough I felt myself kneeling and an heavy, cold crown being put on my head replacing the helmet I had on.

Soon enough Odin, presented me as Mahalia, the Princess of the nine realms and it was as if something in me finally felt complete. I felt oddly renewed and as if my strength had grown as well. I felt powerful.

The armour I was wearing was really heavy and I couldn't be more pleased when I heard Odin say that it was time for the ball in my honour and in honour of the coronation. It meant that I would be able to go and change and that's what I did, hurrying to my room to get rid of the armour.

As soon as I entered my room and stripped off the armour, I went towards my closet and found a dark green dress pouch that I hadn't seen before. Instantly I took it and brought it to the bed, laying it gently, and before I could unzip the pouch there was a note on it, I took it and unfolded it.

'I had it made for you, hopefully you will like it. Your mom would be so proud. Love - F'

Curiosity took over me and I unzipped the back as quickly as possible, and I gasped at the beauty of it.