Chapter Ten

"Alright babe, you ready?" asked Wanda as I was positioning myself in the middle of the training room, I breath heavily, and my palms were sweaty, knees weak, and my arms were heavy, I nodded to them nervously.

"Okay concentrate on something you love, love is the most powerful feeling ever, even more than fear or hate." Nat said giving me a reassuring smile, I gulped down the lump in my throat and tried to concentrate as much as I could on something I love, which only two things appeared in my head, my beautiful mom, and my beautiful little sister.

Every laugh we had with my mom, every innocent moments Al has, all those memories were making me so happy until I heard gasps around and I opened one eye, I looked at my hands and I could see the sparkles coming out of them.

"Keep going Mia." said Wanda in a motivating way, as I saw Nat with a big smile too.

I kept on concentrating and I could feel myself lift off the ground, I kept my eyes open wanting to be able to use them with my eyes open, for let's just say, more convenience. I concentrated more on Aly and mom and all of a sudden I heard Nat and Wanda call my name,

"Girls what's wrong I am fine." I said coming back down, and looking at them,

"But- Mia, where are you?" Wanda asked with wide eyes, I scoffed,

"No seriously Mia, you're invisible we can't see you." Nat said, half concerned half proud of me,

"You can't see me?" I asked in disbelief again, only to be replied to by nods, I tried to concentrate on not being invisible anymore and it worked instantly.

"Now, that is amazing." said Nat clapping her hands.

"I am so jealous." Wanda laughed hugging me, to which I replied by hugging back.

"Do you think you can just use your powers with just one hand?" asked Nat curiously.

"I don't know, let me try." I looked at her a small smile on my face, confidence clearly getting the best of me, I concentrated and was able to have my powers come out of my right hand.

"You totally got ahold of it by now." Nat smiled proudly,

"It's so weird, it's like I feel all the power running inside me, through my veins, as if I could be using them at any moment." I said a goofy smile on my face.

"Which you can probably do by now." Wanda smiled at me.

Just then, Bucky, Steve and Sam entered the room,

"Mind if we join for a little training?" asked Bucky a small smile on his face,

"Not at all, Mia just got ahold of her powers, we just have to figure out what they do now." Nat laughed a bit to which I smiled awkwardly.

"Want a little one on one, a friendly one but just to see what those powers can do." Bucky asked a bit too sure of himself.

"Euh- I don't know, really I wouldn't want to hurt anyone." I said simply, not because I think I can hurt people but just because I don't know just yet what my powers do and how they can hurt someone.

Bucky scoffed, "You? You hurt me?" he said laughing a bit, I kinda liked him, until now.

"Well go on then big boy." said Nat throwing daggers at him with her eyes, and giving me a quick nod as to say 'everything will be fine'. I took a deep breath and motioned for him to join me at the center.

"Go slow on her Bucky." I heard Steve say in a serious tone, which just made Bucky grin wider, he tried to throw a punch my way which I instantly dodged, Nat hasn't only tried to unleash my powers, she also thought me how to fight like her, I am so not on her level, but I am quiet good for someone who only had a couple of training sessions.

"I see someone has been giving you some fighting lessons." he smiled giving a quick look at Nat, I took advantage of him being distracted and hit him with my foot making him loose balance.

"Rule number two, never let your concentration fail or you'll be an easy target for your opponent." I say a small smirk on my face, as I hear Nat cheering for me. I saw the look in Bucky's eyes as I said those words and his facial expression changed drastically, as if now it wouldn't be all fun and games anymore. He started to throw punches to my left and right, and with a lot of difficulty I managed to dodge them all. From behind me I could hear Steve call out Bucky's name, but nothing would do.

As he was coming more towards me, I was walking backwards. I looked inside his eyes, it wasn't him, hate all over them, you could practically hear is heart scream. I didn't want to hurt someone who wasn't being themselves. I put my hands back in front of my face, dodging more punches as he did something I didn't expect and punched me hard and I fell flat on my bum, leaving me completely helpless, an evil smirk appeared on his face and I felt a rush of powers in me, as he was about to punch me again and I could see Nat with her hand on her gun, and Steve about to jump on Bucky. I unleashed my powers to protect me just as he was about to throw a punch at me. I opened my eyes to see I had created a protective magnetic filed around me, I got time to stand up still protected as he was still punching and punching my force field.

"Bucky, enough, it's okay, we had fun now it's over." I tell him from inside my bubble, he kept beating the force field with an angry face and all his strength.

"Bucky! Enough" I told him with more power in my voice, but still nothing would do.

"Bucky! I am sorry." I said as I put my hands right in front of me and move them as if I was about to slam the ground and instantly the force field disappeared and created a force wave, which took Bucky with it and made him fly and crash on the wall. He was unconscious, I looked around me, fortunately Sam, Steve, Wanda and Nat, didn't get hurt.

"I am so sorry you guys." I say as I fall on my butt, all energy leaving my body at once, it was my first time using my powers that much, Nat and Wanda came rushing towards me, asking me if I was okay and congratulating me for all the strength I unleashed to protect myself. Steve and Sam ran to Bucky, and I heard Sam say.

"Little lady, big powers." he chuckled, hitting Bucky's cheek a bit to wake him up, he opened his eyes a bit and looked around, seeing that he was laying on the ground. I asked for Nat and Wanda's help to get up and they helped me and I made my way towards Bucky.

"Bucky I-" I was cut off by him getting up and tumbling a bit and leaving the training room, my eyes followed him out and I looked at the ground.

"I really didn't want to, you guys, but I felt like there wasn't any other way." I said tears starting to form in my eyes.

"No, no Mia, don't worry, you had to do it, he can be intense and due to what happened to him and Hydra, well sometimes he goes back down his dark alley. It's like a button you push it it's here, you push it again and it's gone. You really don't have anything to apologize for, if anything he should be the one apologising to you." Steve said, putting his hand on my shoulder, as I wipe my tear quickly out of my face.

"But girl, damn! You are wild, your powers are amazing, S.H.I.E.L.D. is lucky to have you." Sam said putting his hand up high for me to high five, which I did and laughed at the same time.

"Don't feel too bad hun, it's fine, he kinda asked for it anyway." Nat said putting her arms around my shoulders and winking at me playfully, as we made our way out of the training room, I still felt bad for Bucky.