Chapter Three

Mia's POV

It's been two days since we left the hospital, and after what we lived we need to start fresh and new.
I went to buy Aly a stroller so we could just go around and I wouldn't need to carry her in my arms all the time. After that we went shopping, I bought baby bags to put all her diapers, pacifiers everything I needed for her. Then we went to H&M and bought some clothes for me I bought two suite cases and put everything inside.

Miss Banner, Diana, the child services/moms lawyer said her office was in New York so, I thought that we'd go for a trip to New York since I have some paperwork to sign and things to take care of, and also we never went to New York so it could be a great start to our new lives.

My phone rang as I was closing the suit cases in the hotel room I had rented for a few days. I bought a phone since I had to keep in touch with Diana and also to be a bit more independent and be able to call text and Google anything I needed since we were literally just the two of us now.

"Hello?" I said answering the phone and watching Aly sleep on our bed, a smile on my face seeing how peaceful she looked.
"Hi Mia, it's Miss Banner, Diana, I wanted to ask you if you were packed for New York, I was able to ask my firm for a Jet to get us there so if you're all ready we can leave now." She said on the other line, I stopped zipping my suitcase up and felt happy about all this, a fresh new start, I couldn't wait.
"Well I am just done with everything I would just need help with the bags, the stroller and the pram." I said a light chuckle coming out seeing that, alone, I wouldn't be able to take everything by myself.
"No problem! I am in the lobby I can help, I am coming right up." She said, with a smile, I hung up and waited for her to knock on my door.

Diana has been really friendly she's probably one of the only friends I have and she's really nice and has helped us lots, but there is something odd about her I feel like I know her from somewhere.
Just then the door knocked and I went to open it.

"Hi-" she said but was cut off by her face going white as a sheet and has I turned to see what it was, I saw Aly rolling to the edge of the bed and as she was going to fall I just screamed and put my hands in front of me and all of a sudden she was levitating. The glowing transparent thing that saved us the night of the gas leak, it was happening again, and weirdly enough it was coming out of my hands. I tried to concentrate and not to panic, when I made her levitate to me and caught her in my arms.

"What the hell was that!" I ask in disbelief as I look at Aly and see Diana next to me with her jaw on the floor and still not saying a word.

"Did you just? Save your sister by levitating her?" She asked just as shocked as me, I caress Aly's tiny cheek and make her giggle,
"I think I just did, it's the second time already! What's happening to me?!" I say going to the bed and sitting down, Aly safely in my arms. Am I a monster?

"Mia, I need you to listen to me love." Said Diana in a really serious tone.
"Have you ever done that before? How did you do it?"

"I don't know, it's the second time, the first time I created like a bubble of sparkle that protected us against the explosion of the gas leak and also against Roy. I never had that before I don't know what's happening. I didn't even know it was me who did it the first time." I tell her getting up and putting Aly in her stroller as I run a hand through my hair.

"You can't tell anyone, please I'm so scared." I tell her with tears in my eyes as I look down at my hands.

"Mia I need to tell you something hun, but why don't we go first to the jet and we'll talk on our way to New York?" She said putting a hand on mine gently, trying to calm me down.

"Yeah sure, okay let's go." I tell her taking a deep breath and taking in everything I could, one last look at the empty room to make sure I didn't forget anything. My mind was all over the place,  I couldn't even concentrate, so I just turned and we left the room. What's wrong with me?

——————————————On the Jet——————————————

I was on a chair and I had Aly on my lap playing with her teddy bear and her baby girafe, I saw Diana take her iPad and type on it.

"Mia, I think we need to talk about what happened." She said sitting across from me, I gulped I feel like a 5 years old who did something wrong.

"I am not a child services agent/ lawyer, and my name is not Diana Banner." She said taking her glasses and brown wig off.

"My name is Natasha Romanoff, I am a agent of Shield and I'm also-" I cut her off,
"Part of the Avengers." I say looking at her with wide eyes, so that is where I knew her from. What does someone like her want to have to deal with someone like me I mean she's a hero everyone knows her.

"I don't understand, what do you want from me, and please don't do anything to Aly if you need someone take me." I say with watery eyes.
"I don't know what I've done but I'm sorry you've got the wrong girl." I say to her feeling nervous.

"You didn't do anything and we don't want to do anything to you don't worry, on the contrary we want to help you." She said with a smile handing me her iPad.
"You are the daughter of Sylvia and Chris Jones, your dad was a military man who ended up working for Shield when it first began, and your mom had special powers and abilities and used to help S.H.I.E.L.D. from time to time, she abandoned everything when you were born and unfortunately when your father died on a mission it kinda made her stop helping us, although she always kept in touch with us and stayed on good terms. Your mom actually came to us some years ago, saying that if anything were to happen to her that we needed to make sure you'd be safe and to take care of you." She said, I couldn't process it all, so they needed to help and protect us but still didn't do anything all those times where Roy was abusing me and beating the living hell out of me.

"What about Roy? I've been with the men 8 months after my moms death, I've endured so many things if you were there to protect me and us why didn't you do anything sooner." I asked her a tear going down my face.

"Mia, we tried, we really did, but one of the first things ever was we couldn't locate you, we couldn't locate Roy." She said sadness in her voice, I stayed quiet waiting for her to explain more.

"As I was saying your mom had special powers and abilities which led us to understand that if she had them you'd have them too, the thing is, we only found you because you got on TV, the explosion and the two only survivors that's when your picture popped up and your name too and that's when we finally got ahold of you guys." She said, making everything understandable somehow.

"And trust us when we say that we are terribly sorry for not finding you sooner." I hear a voice coming from behind the plane and turn around to see doctor Hill.

"Doctor Hill? You're also a part of this?" I asked in disbelief, she let out a small chuckle.

"I am agent Maria Hill, sorry for lying to you and sorry you had to find us out trough all of this." She said gesturing to everything around us.

"So what do you want from me exactly?" I asked out of the blue.

"We want to respect your mother's wish, to take care of you two, and at the same time we could train you and see how your powers work and develop and you could maybe help us the way your mom used to help." Said Natasha a small smile making its way on her face,

"Wow that is a lot to take in, and I'm not even sure I can make those 'powers' work when I want they just happen like that when something bad is about to happen and they only appeared last week when I turned 21, before that nothing ever came. So to find out how they develop I'm in but I still need to take care of her and process all this, it's kind of a big deal." I tell them, looking at both of them.

"Understandable, so for now are you okay to come and stay with us at the S.H.I.E.L.D.'s compound, we can work on your powers, that's if you ever want to help on other things, but that's totally your call." Said agent Hill.

I looked at her and nodded "Okay for me." I said as I looked at Aly eating a cracker and putting drool all over it.

I've been lonely a lot since mom passed and honestly being with people even people I don't know, would do for me, all I know is that they save the world so that couldn't be so bad right?