Chapter 58

I never realized how hard and difficult goodbyes were. You see it in movies, but with the background I had been brought up, the only person I missed was my mother, and I never had to say goodbye to her. That was until the night she died.

The difference this time? 

I know exactly what's to come, I know the future. I know how much earth and probably all the other realms are going to suffer. The terrible things that are going to happen.

I know all that but don't know how to prevent or help it.

Loki's dying face making it's way in my brain. I had to shake the though off, or I was to burst. I looked around me, all of us, in the grand Hall saying our goodbyes to the people that we would leave here. Sif, the guys, Odin and probably the one who hurts the most, Frigga. 

The mother figure I had here, the sweetest person ever, that took. care of me as if I had been her own daughter. I would miss her so much, and not knowing what would happen to her when all this apocalypse was to go down, was nerve-wracking.

As if she could read my Lind she approached me and I quickly composed myself, smiling at her as she opened her arms. 

"I will miss you Mia." she said, engulfing me in a motherly hug. It didn't take long for me to start crying, as soon as she realized she tightened her embrace while I buried my head in the crook of her neck, inhaling her perfume, creating a memory.

"I will miss you too Frigga, so so much." I tell her as we pull away slightly. She gently wiped my tears and looked at me with a smile, her eyes sparkling with tears. 

"Just know I am always here for you, whenever you need me." she said, softly caressing my arms up and down.

"Thank you, for everything." I said again, holding in the tears the best I could.

As I looked around, everyone was looking at us. They all looked sad to leave. We had had the best time over here and it had been really great to all be together and not have any problems, of any kind.

Besides me and the visions Stephen shared, everything had gone smoothly. Aly was as happy as I ever saw her, and it was killing me to take her back to earth knowing how close she had also gotten to Frigga. The closest thing she will ever have, to a mother. It felt like she had grown so much during our time here.

She didn't want to hold anyone's hand as she waddled through the halls of the palace. She was such a ray of sunshine. I hoped that she would stay like that once we would be back home.

Before I would have said that we could come back any time, whenever we would want to. But after everything that is going to happen, the certainty of it all faded. I knew for certain that if I was ever to come back here, it would be the same.

Reluctantly we all made our way towards the rainbow bridge and to the Bifrost. Hugging and saying goodbye to Heimdall. With the look he had on his face, he had to know that something was going to happen. I wish I had thought of coming to him sooner.

All my doubts about him knowing that something was going to happen vanished when he said

"Take good care, all of you, something is coming. Something bigger than we ever saw. Be prepared." He said, nodding my way, I frowned instantly, but before I could say or do anything else rays of lights and colors engulfed us and away from Asgard we were going.

I had been too much in my head to process everything that was happening, and sooner than I thought we were already back home, on the grass in front of the compound. I felt a soft tug on my hand and instantly turned to see what it was.

Bucky was standing beside me, looking concerned, I only managed to smile and softly pass my fingers on his knuckles. As he was about to let my hand go but I held onto him and intertwined my fingers with his, he looked taken aback for a second but then he brought out intertwined hands to his mouth and kissed my hand.

We made our way towards the compound, Aly trying to rush to me and holding her hands up, motioning for me to pick her up.

"Why does she only want you know to hold her?" Sam said in a whiny tone, that made me laugh, I looked down at Aly and she smiled at me, I kissed her forehead.

"Well, because I'm her big sister, and her favourite person in the world." I told him, sticking my tongue out at him. He just laughed, while Aly placed her head on my shoulder and seemed to embrace me tighter. I had her in my arms, and Bucky's hand in mine, and for a very brief moment, it felt peaceful.

Once we had already put all our stuff back in our rooms, we were called to the meeting room. To get a briefing of everything that had happened during our trip on Asgard. Aly was ow fast asleep in my arms, as I entered the meeting room everyone looked at me.

"Mia, don't you want to put Aly in her bed, we can send someone to watch her if you want." Nat said, but I shook my head no.

"It's fine, I love having her sleep in my arms. It appeases me." I tell her, and she nodded, as did everyone else in the room, they apparently all had listened to the conversation.

I lifted my hand and placed it next to Aly's head, creating a soundproof bubble, once I was satisfied and knew that she wouldn't be able to wake up due to us talking I sat donw, next to Nat. Bucky smiling at me from afar, making me smile back at him.

"Fortunately for us, nothing major happened during our time away. Just a minor operation against a small compound of HYDRA." Uncle Nick started, which made me frown.

"Nothing happened?" I asked again, everyone looking at me weirdly.

"Am I the only one finding this odd? All the superheroes of this world were literally out of this world, and nothing happened? Our whole week there was like three months here." I said again, apparently being the only one finding this completely crazy.

"Well, would you have preferred something to happen?" a voice I hadn't heard in a while said, and that's when I spotted him, Peter, eyes fixed on me.

"Parker, how was your decathlon by the way?" I asked, not caring about the answer, everyone sensed the tensed atmosphere and Uncle Nick quickly cleared his throat and looked back at everyone.

"Let's get back to our routines starting tomorrow morning." Uncle Nick said again, everyone nodded and left the room.

Once I was alone with Uncle Nick I finally asked the question I was dying to ask him during our whole trip.

"What do you know about Stephen Strange?" I sked, and God if he could have disappeared then and there he would have.

"Why?" he asked, I huffed, I was already tired, he didn't need to push my buttons.

"Uncle Nick, please?" I said again, making my puppy eyes, he sighed and sat down, motioning for me to also sit down, and I did.

"He's a guy who keep a rock, a stone to be more precise, the time stone. He can do things that are beyond comprehension, a little bit like what you do. Anyway he never wanted to be part of our 'club' as he calls it. Arrogant prick if you ask me." He said, looking tired, I hummed in understanding.

"Now tell me, why those questions?" he asked, looking at me straight I the eyes.

"Because I need to go to Kamartaj." I told him, he froze a second and then laid back on his chair, looking at the ceiling.

"Shit." Was all he said.