Chapter Four

The rest of the plane ride was really quiet, I got Aly to fall asleep after her yelling and screaming for dear life, only to give her a milk bottle and having finally got her where we are now, me falling asleep and her sleeping in my arms. I couldn't help but think about all of this.

My mom, being a hero of some sort and never letting me know, nor telling me about her powers and telling me that one day maybe I would have them too. I grew frustrated, did I really know the woman? Of course I did, I have to tell myself that if she never told me about it before maybe was for my own good or maybe she never knew how to talk to me about it. I got snapped out of my thought by Natasha sitting across from me now in different clothes as before.

"Nice clothes." I tell her with a chuckle.

"I hope you're not mad at me for lying to you, to get you there." She said a faint smile on her lips and looking down.

"It's fine I understand but like all the papers and my mom's will, that's true right?" I asked a bit concerned that I have been spending the money I don't have to buy things for Aly.

"No no don't worry all I said about your mom's will and the letter is all true, she left it at our care at Shield so we could give it to you one day. How do you feel about all this?" her answer made me calm down and I was relieved at that part, and I frowned at her question not really knowing how to answer.

"Well, I honestly am scared of everything to this point, my powers, my whole life, I try to remember my mom the best I can and find her a good excuse to have hidden all of this from me you know? But I have lived hell for the past 8 months, when my mom was working Roy would treat me like garbage and he would threaten me if I would ever say anything to mom about what he would do, and so when she passed, it was even worse." I say a tear sliding down my cheek as I remember those awful moments.

"Knowing that now I will be in the middle of good people and maybe make friends is amazing to me, I think I have to take things one step at a time but I am sure everything will be fine and I want to take care of her so much too, I know that being with you and Maria and Shield will be the best for her, for us, so I can't be more exited about that part. I just really don't want to be a burden for any of you guys." I said to her a smile on my face as I try to imagine a good future, better than anything I ever experienced before.

"Well, you won't be a burden, there is one other thing tho that you will discover but it is not my place to say, so...," she smiled a big grin on her face, I didn't try to fight her to ask what is was, I was way too tired for it.

"And besides you'll get to meet everyone they're very nice, I am sure they'll love you, and anyway you always have me, if you need anything. I'm kinda happy to be your first friend from the whole group." she smiled proudly, I smiled back,

"You are my first friend, like ever, besides my mom, I was always a loner, I had a friend once and it turns out she was using me for school so yeah..." I laughed at how pathetic my life was.

"Anyway now I have you and Aly, and I can't wait to meet the others, I am kind of a fan of what you guys do by the way." I smiled at her and she smiled back proudly.

"You know, I never knew my dad, I was way too young when he passed and, now knowing that he used to help Shield makes me feel somewhat closer to him so yeah, I am grateful for that and I hope that someone out there will be able to tell me stories about him." I say gazing at Aly.

"I am sure we can find someone with stories about your dad." said Maria with a hand on my shoulder

"We are almost there ladies buckle up." she said smiling down at us, I tried my best to put on my seatbelt without waking Aly up, she looked so peaceful, I can't wait to give her the peace, the life and the love she deserves.

-------------------------------

Very small chapter sorry about it haha, next one is her arriving at the compound, being introduced to everyone, does anyone maybe have an idea o f what kind of discovery Mia is going to do next? I hope you are ready because it's your turn to buckle up. ;)

Love, Ceph