Chapter 37

As soon as we arrived at the compound, I didn't even bother to go and give my report I would do it later. When we arrived in Vancouver it was 4 a.m. in New York but 1 a.m in Vancouver having a 3 hours time difference between the two, we left at 4 a.m. from Vancouver with Pepper, to arrive at 1 p.m. New York time. It was too much for my head, we had spent 3 hours at the H.Y.D.R.A. compound and it had been exhausting.

I took out my phone and texted Peter to let him know I had made it home, he was probably in school tho, but I received directly a message back from him.

P: Hi love, I hope you are well, so glad you are back, rest my love, I don't know if I will be able to come over tonight, May wants to take me out for some Thai food tonight, but I promise you I will try to come and see you as soon as I can. I love you please don't be mad at me.

M: Hi, no worries love, I am so tired anyway I will try and rest as much as I can, I wish I could see you at least tomorrow. I love you talk to you later.

After that I stripped off my suit and wore one large t-shirt that I had, dragging me towards the bed. I plopped under my covers and succumbed to sleep not paying attention to my growling belly.

I woke up feeling refreshed and energised. I was happy to be back and it almost felt like the mission we had was a kind of dream. I slowly made my way out of the bed and looked at the time 6p.m., I was starting to feel more and more hungry I put a short on and left my room taking the elastic off my hair and letting my hair down.

As I was making my way towards the kitchen, I remembered about Pepper, and decided to head toward Med bay, and see if they had any news about her, as soon as I arrived near a room that had the door opened, I peaked inside and saw that she was awake and Tony was beside her, her hand in his, and he had puffy eyes but a big smile spread on his face, I tried not to be seen, only for his hazel eyes to catch a glimpse of me and get up of his chair really quickly as I was already making my way out of the Med Bay Area.

"Mia! Mia wait." he called after me his voice trembling, I slowly turned around and faced him. After rescuing Pepper, which for me was still a complete mystery of how she was still alive, my whole perspective and point of view and feelings towards Tony changed. I hated his guts after what happened the night of the prom, and part of me wished that I still hated him for it but I couldn't bring myself to feel that way. On the contrary, I felt saddened and broken for him, after thinking that you had lost your wife to cancer, and tried to rebuilt your whole life, and having her come back. I couldn't even begin to understand the pain and the happiness he was feeling at the same time, tho I could totally feel his emotions. I kinda started to understand how confused he might have been when we kissed, and part of me understood that now. I could feel his every feelings, I could hear his thoughts I could practically hear his heart beating because I am sure that at this moment he was utterly shocked and taken aback but happy at the same time. I could feel the love he had for Pepper, such an unconditional one and I got to understand that he didn't get that with me and that's what happened, even thought he didn't get to express himself the way he should have and handled the situation the right way, I understood and that in itself made me forget what had happened at all.

"Yes?" I asked fully facing him, I could see the tears forming in his eyes, he stood there his mouth open but nothing seemed to want to get out of it, so he just rushed towards me and hugged me, it didn't take long for me to realise he was sobbing. Me being me, I hugged him back, trying to calm him down.

"Thank you! Thank you so much, I have been horrible to you and you brought back the only thing that really mattered in my life. I am so sorry about everything else, but really thank you so much Mia." he said holding me close to him he voice muffled by his sobs and probably my hair,