Chapter 12

As soon as we arrived in the control room everybody was going crazy, the whole group was there, even Bucky, which just looked at me quickly and then looked right back down at his feet.

I placed myself next to Nat she asked me quickly if everything was fine and I nodded telling her I would tell her all about it later, and she nodded back.

"Why are they here, Director?" Steve asked Fury, but before Fury could reply Tony entered an Ipad in hand and handed it to Fury saying,

"They are here for her." he said pointing at me, I gasped,

"What?" I said, looking at everyone as Wanda put a protective hand on my shoulder, and Peter looked just like me with his mouth wide open,

"They found you." said Nick sternly,

"But how? Why? I need to go get Aly." I said but I got stopped by him,

"No they don't know she is alive and she has been put somewhere safe with agent Tam and the rest of the kids." he said to which I sighed in relief,

"We need to put her somewhere safe." said Clint in the most serious way I ever saw him talk before,

"What? No, I can handle them, I trained, not much but I did and I can manage." I said firmly to them, Nick looked at Nat and she nodded to prove to what I was saying,

"Yeah she even was able to knock me out, so she's pretty good." said Bucky lowly, scratching the back of his neck, while I just looked at him in a apologising type of way,

"No don't be sorry, I am sorry about it-" I cut him off,

"It's fine, I am just happy you're okay." I said smiling and he took me in a side hug, which I returned.

"Go suit up guys we are in for a fight." said Steve in a leader manner and everyone obliged,

"Mia come with me I will lend you one of my suits, we can work on yours later." Nat said as we rushed to her room.

As we suit up in less than 5 min, I realised how fitted and how it showed my figure so much, I wasn't complaining, it was just new. Black skin tight leather covering my whole body. Then I looked back at my wrists the suit ending a bit before my scars, which let them be seen by all, Nat realised and looked at me.

"Is it going to be okay?" she asked concerned, I looked back at my hands, I can't let the past, define me, my present or my future. I looked up at her and smiled slightly.

"Yes, I am fine." I told her, to which she hugged me a bit, proudness on her face.

"Now let's go kick some asses." she tells me.

As soon as we exit her room to go back to the control room, everyone stared at us, or more at me and then at my wrists, I could swear I saw Peter jaw dropped and be hit behind his head by Tony, who was in his suit.

"What's the plan?" I asked, they all looked at me, I shrugged like, aren't we supposed to have plans for those kind of emergencies?

"We all take a wing or a level, we are all connected through our earpieces so we can all keep in touch. Mia you'll stay with me just in case." Steve said smiling a bit and handing me my earpiece which I put right at the moment.

"She could come with me I mean, we have the same age and I am new too here." Peter said looking at me then all of us, which made me laugh a bit.

"I don't really care with who I go, we just need to go." I tell them all, they nodded and Steve settled that I would go with him and that was final, as we were leaving I went near Peter and told him "I am an earpiece away Pete, if you need me." I said smiling and going behind Steve.

Just before leaving the control room Nick stopped me in my tracks.

"Please Mia, be careful okay? You don't know what they are capable of, if you need anything just press the button of your earpiece and we will all be able to hear you okay?" he said concern in his eye.

"I will uncle Nick." I told him and gave him a small hug, to which he returned more quickly than our previous one, I turned around and everyone was speechless....again.

"Shall we go?" I asked Steve, earning a nod and smile from him.

------------we were making our way through the corridors-------------

"Shhhh," Steve shushed me, even thought I wasn't talking, we could hear footsteps, I felt my heart sink in my body, I never ever fought against nobody, besides Bucky of course, and now knowing I'd have to fight for my life was big on me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, I shoot my eyes open when I felt a hand on mine, Steve gave me a reassuring smile and I smiled back, hearing as the footsteps were coming closer, we waited for them to be at our level and started to fight.

Steve threw his shield around kicking four bad guys and knocking them down, I on the other hand had three guys ready to pounce on me I closed my eyes and made a wave of force field which made them all fly in different directions and they were all knocked out too.

Steve came to me, "are you okay?" he asked a bit of concern,

"Yeah, yeah, it was weird but yeah I am fine thanks." I tell him a small smile on my face, we continued to walk on our level and we cleared everything. Steve talked to the earpiece.

"Level 2 clear, someone need help somewhere?" he asked as I awaited for a reply,

"I NEED HELP NOW!" we heard Peter say in his shaky voice,

"I can take them but there's too many of them at the same time."

"Okay I am coming!" said Steve looking at me and we made our way there.

"I need help too." we heard again in our earpieces, but it was Wanda this time,

"Where?" I asked, she just replied

"Level 4! Level 4!" she said,

"Look I am going to help Wanda I will be fine okay?" I tell him before sprinting to the stairs, Steve was about to say something but I couldn't be bothered by that, Wanda needed my help.

In the staircase I heard a lot of footsteps, I had nowhere to hide so I just concentrated on being invisible, as they approach I hoped they wouldn't see me, when I got the confirmation that I was invisible, I started to take them down one by one, their helpless expressions being too funny as they didn't know where it was coming from. Soon enough they were all knocked out and I reached Wanda. She was flying in the air with her powers and a red mist coming out of her hands, I could feel her begin to get tired as the people coming for her weren't decreasing.

"Wanda I am here, come next to me." I told her and created a force field around us, she was so tired, she took deep breaths and thanked me,

"We're sisters right? I'm not abandoning you." I told her, my eyes drifting from her to all the bad guys that surrounded us by now, I saw Wanda touch her earpiece and start to say,

"We need more-" just then I dropped our force field and took all the powers in me to create the same wave of energy as previously done and throw them all around they all hit walls around them and some got in pretty bad conditions others well, I might not think of it.

"Never mind." I heard Wanda say, a soft giggle.

"We are all clear, good job guys, all the remaining once will be taken down to the cells by shield agents." we heard Steve say,

"Good job Capsicle." I heard which made me laugh and I rolled my eyes. Just as I was about to hug Wanda and help her up, I sharp pain hit me from the side of my body. I out a hand where it hurt and saw a lot of blood in my hand.

"Oh my god, guys Mia is hurt, she took a bullet." was all I heard before I fell down and everything was pitch black.