Chapter 23

I went straight to my room, I closed the door and locked it, why was I overreacting? I have no clue, but Mjöllnir wasn't a joke and to be able to lift it was a big deal, overall for Thor, he's the one who can pick up the hammer, and no-one else.

"Mia?" I heard someone say from the other side of the door.

"Mia, it's me Steve, can I come in? You left everyone speechless, but I just want to know how do you feel?" he said, I could hear him trying to choose his words wisely, 

"Mia?" he said again when I did not answer, I tried to be as quiet as possible only wiping a tear away from my eyes. 

"Did you get to talk to her?" I heard another voice add to his, and I figures it was Thor's,

"No man, I don't think she is in there." I heard Steve replying to him, they sighed and ultimately left the front of my door.

I laid on my bed and tried to think of a good and plausible explanation of how and why it could happen, I mean I am no God, and I am definitely not worthy of the power Mjöllnir holds.

"Why is all of this so complicated?" I asked myself taking a pillow and burring my face in it.

I looked at my phone and saw all the texts messages and all the people asking me to come out of my room and talk to them, I didn't want to talk to them, they would ask questions that I didn't even have the answers for. So I stayed in my bedroom, eventually I changed into my pyjamas, and looked at the hours pass by on my phone. 

I looked over at the time 2 a.m. I decided to get up, I was hungry and my thoughts weren't going to stop to let me sleep. I had so many things in mind, my mom in Asgard, Jonathan and his whereabouts and when he will come for us again, or more for me, and now to top it all Mjöllnir giving up under my touch. This was all too much for me.

Looking at the time I thought no-one would be awake anymore, I closed my door carefully and went to the kitchen which is like three doors down. I searched for salty pop corn, I didn't even bother to turn on the lights, and put them in the microwave once they were done I placed them in a bowl and made my way towards one of the big couches and turned the big tv on, I took a blanket and covered my legs with it.

"Hmm what to watch?" I asked myself scrolling through the endless movies Netflix had to offer, then I spotted my favourite movie and pressed play, making myself comfortable under the blanket. 

"That was the summer of 1963 when everybody called me 'Baby', and it didn't occur to me to mind. That was before President Kennedy was shot..."

I sat there eating my pop corn, saying all the lines at the same time as the actors and singing every romantic song that came on, I adored watching them dance and the style they had at that time, it was so good. I jumped as I heard a noise behind me and my hand started glowing instantly,

"Hey it's just me." Says Peter, stepping out of the shadow his hands up in the air, I sigh in relief and my powers left instantly,

"Can't sleep?" I asked him pressing pause on my movie,

"Not really, I kept on thinking about you to be honest." he said a nervous a tired chuckle leaving his lips and my eyes grew wide, the thought of him thinking about me was weird.

"You really don't have to, I am fine, something else on your mind spider-boy?" I smiled tiredly and looked over at him, he had some sweat pants on and an Iron Man t-shirt on. 

"I know you are, that is what's so amazing about you, life throws you so many different things in your face, but still you are okay, you look brave, you are fierce, you just don't get down you are always smiling and looking out for others, and no nothing else's really on my mind." he said, he looked nervous the whole time, and it made me smile, that is how he saw me?