Chapter 50

We were in the middle of nowhere, but I was sure we were close by. I could feel uncle's Nick presence even if it was faint. 

"Are you sure we're here?" Wanda asked me again, to which I nodded my head yes again,

"I can feel his presence, and it's what I saw when I was looking into the guy's head. It must not be far anymore." I tell them, we got out of the car and I had turned it invisible just in case.

"We have to be careful, if we really are here, there will be HYDRA agents everywhere." Nat said and I became even more aware of how important the operation was, 

"What is the plan regarding the agents?" Wanda asked, but we pretty much knew the answer,

"Kill before they have time to detect us or even ring an alarm." Nat said and we all nodded again, in understanding. I took out a tablet from the car and turned it on. We had some satellites up there that were giving us a vision from above us, and we were right, we could see some agents some miles away from us, and a very well guarded building, that looked abandoned. But who would protect something abandoned, unless there was something valuable inside?

"Mia will turn us invisible and then we just do our best to not get caught. Mia do you think you can turn every person we kill, invisible?" she asked me and I shrugged,

"I think I can yes." I tell them, we all took a deep breath and looked at each other,

"Show time." Wanda said, I placed the tablet back in the car making sure everything was invisible and I turned us invisible. My heart was beating so fast, I knew what I had to do and I know it was "kill or be killed" but I never loved the idea of taking one's life away. I tried to brush that idea away and concentrated on one thing only. Get Uncle Nick back.

As soon as we approached the first couple of agents that were standing guard outside, Nat approached one really slowly and used her wrists gadgets and electrocuted the first agents, while Wanda used her powers to snap the other agent's neck. As soon as they were out I turned them invisible, I don't know how long I will be able to get them to stay invisible but I hope it'll be enough time to do what we needed to do. 

The more we walked towards the side of the building, the more we could hear some voices. I think they were at least 5 and we took them down all together at the same time. Nat killing two at once, Wanda one and me two, thanks to my powers. We took their badges and access cards and made our way inside. 

The same cold feeling and grey concrete walls, as the previous HYDRA base we had been to, made a shiver run down my spine. I just wanted to get Nick and get it over with. We needed to go back to the compound and get rid of the rest too. But then I felt a sharp pain in my head, and I think that the fact that I wasn't concentrating anymore made us turn visible again, because Wanda all of a sudden was panicking.

"Mia! Mia are you okay? What's wrong? You need to turn us invisible again, they will see us." Wanda said, scared for me and scared for us to be detected,

"I'm in pain, something is trying to enter my head. Give me a second." I told her, and as soon as I closed my eyes and took deep breaths, I tried and concentrated in turning us back invisible, and once that was done I concentrated in blocking out whatever was trying to get to me. A really dark and bad feeling invaded me and my head. I had to be strong and so I used all my strength to block the invader, after what felt like an eternity I had managed to remember what the tree had told me, about my powers, about how when I feel like I am running out of energy I have to go find it somewhere else. In a memory, a person, a presence. And what made me stronger just now, was thinking about my mother and her smile. I had regained my composure, I was feeling as if my batteries were recharged instantly and I was full of powers and ready for anything. But I would need to talk to Loki about the dark presence trying to enter my mind.