Chapter 27

Tony's POV

Mia's glow started to fade, just like a star when the sun rises, as Peter was coming back to his senses, her force field faded and we all ran towards them.

"Peter, hey kid, how do you feel?" I asked him, helping him to sit up,

"What happened Mr Stark?" he asked completely oblivious and lost, touching his suit, his fingers finding the bullet whole, 

"You got hit, and-" I couldn't bring myself to tell him, how do you even tell someone that they died but came back?

"You died." said Vision, well I guess you say it just like that, he looked back down at the bullet whole on his suit and lifted it a bit and touched where the bullet should have touched him, but there was nothing, his skin was perfectly fine, no bullet wholes in it, nothing, she really did it.

"Mia brought you back kid." I tell him having tears in my eyes, both for being so glad he wasn't gone and for being so scared that Mia might not recover from this. 

"What? How? Where- where is she?" he asked standing up panicking big time, I hugged him and held him close, I could feel he was crying I patted his back, holding back my own tears,

"Nat and Clint brought her inside the jet, let's just go okay? I am sure she will be fine." I tell him trying to reassure myself at the same time, 

"We don't really know how using this much power will affect her, but we think she will be fine she must be dead exhausted tho." said Vision, me and Peter looked at him blankly at his choice of expression, 

"Sorry, I didn't mean that." he said as we made our way towards the jet. 

"But why did she do that?" he asked, still not understanding,

"Peter, you gave your life for her, trying to protect her, well she did the same, she used so much power, she was ready to bring you back at the cost of her own life." said Vision again, I felt like I had a lump in my throat and wasn't able to answer any of his questions, as if a panic attack was about to take over my body.

As we entered the jet, we saw her, both me and Peter stopped in our tracks at the sight of her. She was laying peacefully on Nat's lap, as if she was to wake up any moment. We both went to sit and stayed silent, what was there to say, she was the strongest person ever. The door of the jet closed and we were on our way back to the compound. 

Nat's POV

I had the audacity to call myself strong, but she definitely is the strongest of us all, not only in powers, but in humanity, in love, in life. As Peter tried to protect her all she thought about was that her life didn't matter more than his and for that she needed to bring him back. Giving him her all, her strength, her power, herself. 

Never have I ever being so helpless, watching her do this, and not being able to do anything, to help, to try. Who was I to stop her, what she was doing was more than noble, I don't know many people that would give their life just like that, without a second thought, without thinking it. 

She was the true hero, we were all just pathetic beside her, she'd hate me for saying that, but it's the truth. She saved two lives today, his and the young girl that was enrolled in HYDRA, when she was little. 

I could feel her breathing and that was the only thing reassuring me, as I looked around the jet, I saw everybody the way I never saw them before. They all had this look on their faces, we had won a battle but we felt as if we lost so much more. Steve was in a corner, looking like complete crap, his eyes red and puffy, blood everywhere, I don't want to know what they did to him.