Chapter 42

As soon as I woke up, I had to look at my surrounding for a good minute to remember where I was. The soft breeze greeting my warm skin coming from the big double doors leading to the balcony that I had surely forgotten to close last night, I remembered that today I would, hopefully, and finally, know who I really am, and who mom was.

As soon as I gathered the courage to get up from the comfy bed, I made my way towards the large bathroom to take a warm shower. As soon as I was finished and went on and brushed my wet hair, I decided to make it in a side braid today, since that is almost how everyone wore their hair here, always with a braid of some sort. And since we were going on an adventure I didn't want my hair to get in the way. I approached the door to the dressing room and as soon as I opened it it smelled like mom again, it was really disturbing, I could feel as thought she was right next to me.

I searched through the different types of clothes they had, and found a black legging that was paired with a whole outfit, a beautiful warrior armor, but really ladylike. It was rose gold and so were the breast plates, it fitted perfectly. I then put a belt that went with the whole outfit and saw that there was a whole kind of thing, it probably was to place a weapon of some sort. I found black leather boots and put them on. As if on cue, a loud knock was heard on my door that made me jumped a bit, knowing by the loud knock that it was probably Thor on the other side.

I went to open it and my suspicions were confirmed.

"Lady Mia-" he was short of words as he looked at me up and down, while I tried to contain my laugh,

"I was about to ask some maids to come and help you prepare for breakfast but I see you already readied yourself." he said a content smile on his face, I smiled back at him,

"Yeah after a bit I figured out how to wear all those things." I laughed at him as I took the white silky cape that was attached to the top part of my back and let it fall, flowing gracefully to the floor, he smiled back at me,

"Would you do me the honor to take you to the Feast Hall?" he asked offering me his arm, I laughed at how proper he sounded, much much more than when he is on Earth, but I guess it's maybe Asgard that does that to him, I nodded thanking him for being so kind and took his arm.

We made our way through the same corridors as last night, and truthfully had I been alone I wouldn't have found my way back to the Hall. As we were walking we passed by a lot of paintings on the walls, some of Asgard, some of other places in the 9 realms and some even of their most known and respected warriors.

"So Thor, happy to be back?" I asked him, while looking at the paintings,

" I am Lady Mia but I do miss earth." he said looking at me a glint of sadness and longing in his eyes,

"Found any lady on Earth?" I asked him, I didn't want to pry and read his emotions or his thoughts, I just heard a deep sigh coming from his mouth,

"I had found one, some time ago." he said and I could feel his sadness which made my heart ache for him, I didn't get time to talk more about it because we had almost arrived in front of the Feast Hall doors,

I could see people bow and make small curtsies at us while we passed by them, they were probably doing it more for Thor than for me, which was completely fine by me. Soon two big familiar doors appeared in front of us and two guards hurried themselves to open them. Revealing in front of us the same gigantic room as yesterday but with even more people, that were all in armors too. Thor led the way towards a table where his brother, the warrior three and Sif were at.

"Well hello there." greeted Fandral looking at Thor and I as we were sitting down, I smiled to him and Sif immediately turned and started to talk to me.