Chapter 15

After a comfortable moment of silence, Tony spoke up, he was now sitting at the edge of his bed.

"So, ready to go back to your beautiful hospital room?" he asked joking a bit,

"Do I have a choice?" I asked and he shook his head no,

"Well then okay, but could you do me a quick favor before we go back?" I asked and his brown chocolaty eyes looked into my green ones and I could've sworn the world stopped for a sec until he spoke up.

"Yeah sure whatever you need." he said,

"Could we pass by my room I really really want to change, this robe thingy isn't my thing and it's really scratchy." I tell him earning a small laugh as he saw me scratch myself,

"Sure, let's go." he said to me as he got up and he pushed the wheelchair to my room, coming his door first. I put my fingerprint on the doorknob and it instantly opened, turning the lights on. I saw Aly's crib empty and remember that Nat told me she'd be staying with her, I sigh in relief as Tony brought the chair to my closet.

"You're very brave." he said looking at all the baby stuff, as I was choosing my AC/DC oversize shirt to put on and a pair of large sweat pants.

"Taking care of your baby sister like that, as if it was your own daughter, that's really courageous and brave." he tells you turning to you.

"Thanks, I mean, I never got to think of it you know, I always protected her, and being able to give her a better life is all thanx to you all and uncle nick too." I said was I tried to take my arms off of the robe, I flinched a bit in pain and I could see Tony wanted to ask about 'uncle Nick' but he rushed next to me,

"Here let me help you, I won't look I promise." he said looking away and helping me take the top part off,

"Tony it's fine I have a sports bra on." I chuckle a bit, then I forgot as soon as he took the top part off, I had my scar on one side and the whole injury on the other side, I looked up at him to see him look at my scar, his eyes filled up with anger and concern and something else I couldn't quiet read.

"Who- who did this to you." he said slightly touching this with his fingers tracing the scar, I flinched and he instantly pulled away, I looked down and let out a small sigh,

"The same person who did this?" he asked taking my hand in his and rubbing his thumb on my scars. I just nodded as I felt tears come to my eyes, no Mia, no don't live in the past, it's all over.

"Yeah, my stepfather." I said as he sat on the bed next to me while I was still on my chair.

"What- but why?" he asked, more to himself than to me, I didn't know what to do, or what to say to him.

"Let me up and let me put my sweat pants quickly after that I can tell you what happened." I told him and he obliged, helped me up and looked away as I was changing bottoms. He then helped me on my bed as if he knew that the chair wasn't comfortable and that I really needed the softness of my bed. He pushed the covers and placed me in bed, carrying me bridal style, he took two pillows and put them behind my head so I wasn't completely laying down, he pulled the covers to my waist and I patted the spot next to me, he sat over the covers and I started to tell him the whole story.

"That bastard, if I could've just-" I cut him off slightly amused by his caring reaction,

"Anyway he's dead now, so he won't be able to hurt me anymore." I said as I moved my head only to be met by his torso, he was sitting up and he was way higher than I was on the bed,

"Well, if he wouldn't be I would've been the one to kill him." he said with anger, I looked up at him and I felt him relax,

"Is, is it why you had a panic attack the other day? Was it because of him?" he asked and I nodded,

"Yeah, I saw that tall figure from afar and it reminded me too much of him and I just crumbled." I said playing with my fingers, I hear him sigh and start to run his hand on my hair, and it was at that moment that I realised how tired I was, he started talking but I couldn't manage to keep my eyes open, I only had time to look at his watch 3 a.m it said and as I heard Tonys voice in the background of my head, his soft touch was the one to blame for me falling asleep on the spot.

Tony'POV

I was listening to her talk about what her stepfather had done to her and I couldn't help be think about how someone could do her something like that, to her or any other person in the world. Mia was there, she rested her head on my torso, not that I think it was intentional, I looked at her talk and open up, I could tell she wasn't the type to tell this story to everyone so I felt happy knowing I was making her comfortable enough. I, without thinking about it started to brush her hair softly, passing my fingers through her brown curly hair.

"You'll be safe now you know? I am really happy you felt at ease to talk to me about those things that happened to you, and I want you to know that I am always here if you need anything, to talk to, to open up to, hell even to cry or just to spend time with me. I'll never be too busy for you." I said, and waited a bit for her response but when I saw her breathing get even and low I understood that she had fallen asleep. Poor Mia, she had gone through hell and back, she helped us out, got herself injured by a bullet and still she looked so strong, she always had a smile on her face.

I couldn't understand what I was feeling or why I am like that with her, but I just know she deserves to be treated well. As I stayed there looking at her sleep I felt like a psycho but I loved the fact that while sleeping she had put her hand on my torso. I couldn't help but think about Pepper too, she used to fall asleep like that too. I missed Pepper, since her accident the only way I tried to cope with her death was to get to the lab and just work until I wasn't able to get my eyes to stay open. It had been over a year but still, she was in my heart and the only woman I ever loved. But I can't shake off the warm feeling Mia brings me, I feel like I need to protect her that's all.

After a while I looked at my watch, I was getting tired too. It was 3.30 a.m., I started to to wiggle my way out as she started to move a bit in her sleep, I got out of her grip carefully and put her blanket over her again. I looked back at her before going out of the room and getting ready to sleep, hopefully having the same dreams I was having lately.

When I arrived in my bedroom I laid down, and remembered to text the guys saying that Mia was in her room and to not be scared to not see her in the hospital room in the morning. I locked my phone again, and turned the tv on, even if I wasn't gonna watch anything I needed noise. To hear people talking so I wouldn't feel lonely, so I wouldn't have time to think about Pepper, even though I loved her thinking about her was the worst thing, I couldn't try and remember the good, I always remembered the bad stuff that happened. I sighed looking at my ceiling and thinking about Mia, why was I thinking so much about her? With her as my last thought I fell asleep completely ignoring the voices coming from the TV.