Chapter 2: Fresh Start

Sonja's POV:
I jump out of the taxi and feel the hot air surround me. I love LA. I look up and see the apartment buildings. They're beige and each one is four stories. The taxi driver is helping me with the boxes and suitcases. Most of the boxes with my stuff have already been shipped to the apartment. I bring up three boxes and go back down to pay the taxi driver.
"Here you go" I say handing him the fee.
"Thank you, enjoy your stay here" he replies with a smile. I will I think to myself. I turn around to wheel my suitcase into the building and I see a guy walking to the park across the street. He's really tall and he has blond hair and he's walking his dog.
"Wow" I mouth. I grab the cat carrier and go inside the building up to my apartment door. I fumble with the keys for a but and finally get the door open. The apartment looks clean and really bright.
"Gonzo look at this!" I say softly as it set the carrier down on the hardwood floor. I now know for sure that this move was a great idea. I bring all the boxes and the suitcases inside and set them by the door. I take out the essentials that I would need for the next few days. My toiletries, my cat stuff and of course my computer. I was a gamer but I did it just for fun in my spare time. While I unpacked everything I got a good look at my new home. There was a nice spacious kitchen with a breakfast bar, a bathroom at the right of the entrance to the apartment and then a bed in the living room area. The living room was huge so one side could be used as the TV area and the other contained the bed. The color scheme was very light and everything felt airy. It was great! My car would be here in about two days so I had to go walk to the nearest market to get some food because my fridge was completely empty.
~2 hours later~
"Hey Gonzo! I'm back! Did you miss me already?" I say to the excited cat as I walk into my apartment. I'm carrying seven bags with groceries in them. I bought orange juice, pizza rolls, some frozen foods, bread, frozen fruit for smoothies, six Arizona's (I have a problem) and some cat food pouches.
"That was sure a trip" I say wiping the sweat of my forehead.
"It's really hot outside. And you'll never believe who I saw again. Yup, that's right I saw that blond dude again" I say smiling "I hope we can meet sometime, he seems like a cool person." He actually seemed like a gamer to me and I was pretty sure he lived right across from me. Why not go over and say hi! No, that's probably a little creepy. Maybe some other time. I sigh and walk over to the window. The sun was setting. My first day of my new life was coming to an end. I laid out my sheets and pillows on the bed, brushed my teeth and went to bed knowing that tomorrow would be even better.

Tucker's POV:
I was coming back from the park when I saw here again and I think she saw me. I smiled but she had already turned around and was walking upstairs. I felt my cheeks get red. What was going on, I didn't even know her. I just felt this strange connection. I felt like she could really benefit my life. She was so pretty and she looked really caring. I saw that Grizz was getting impatient so I walked upstairs with him into my apartment. After feeding Grizz and having a light snack myself I sat down at my computer. I had a missed Skype call from Jordan (CaptainSparklez). I decided to call him back and ask what he needed. Skype rang for about a minute and no one picked up.
"I guess he's busy" I muttered under my breath. I left him a message asking what he needed and signed out. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. The thought of the girl flashed through my mind but I shook it away. I walked to the door and opened it. It was Tom. A smile appeared on my face.
"AHEY MATE HOW ARE YOU" Tom screamed busting into my apartment.
"I'm good Tom how was the flight?" I returned his question while giving him a hug with a pat on the back.
"Long" was his only answer before he crashed on the couch and fell asleep. I shook my head and wheeled his suitcase to his room (I had a two bedroom apartment) and made him some dinner. We have been best friends for the longest time and I knew he got really tired after flights. This was only the right thing to do. I then proceeded to go to my office and work for a bit. I was halfway through writing an email but the thoughts of the girl kept popping into my head.
"Ugh" I said to myself. I decided that I would go and meet her tomorrow. After all, she is new. She probably needs someone to show her around.