Chapter 22: Hollywood

Sonja's POV:
I happily looked at the newly engaged couple who were kissing. I was really happy for the two of my best friends but I was also jealous because I wanted to get married too. To Tucker. I loved him. I looked at him only to see he was already staring. I brought him into a hug breathing in the cologne I got him for his birthday. We were interrupted by Erin asking if we were ready to enter. Tucker nodded and we walked through the gates. We grabbed a map and I asked what we wanted to do first.

"How about Revenge of The Mummy?" I suggested. Everybody nodded and answered a yes. It was my favorite ride! (This is actually my irl favorite ride at Hollywood if anyone cares.) We walked down the three flights of escalators to arrive at the lower plaza. The wait for the Mummy was only ten minutes so we excitedly ran though the weaving line inside the building. After waiting we were seated into the cart and the ride started.

We were inside a treasure room and the Pharaoh Imhotep was saying a speech.

"Akum Ra, Akum De. Now your soul belongs to me... FOREVER" A scream came out from my mouth when the ride suddenly accelerated from turtle speed to forty five miles per hour. The ride came to an abrupt stop and mechanical scarabs touched my feet. Another scream came out from me and Erin because we absolutely hated bugs. I heard Tucker squeak next to me. The mine cart reversed it's go and launched us all backwards only stopping at the end, engulfing us in a cold fog. Imhotep's voice is heard again "There's no place to hide! Your souls are MINE!" And that was it. It's over.

"Let's go again! That was so short!" I heard Erin exclaim and I agreed. The ride lasts for two minutes. We ended up riding Revenge of the Mummy two more times.

"Now what?" Tucker said exiting the pavilion, all of us laughing.

"How about the one across from here. What is it? Jurassic Park The Ride?" Erin suggested pointing to the huge ark that had fire on top of it. We walked over there and stood in line. After zig zagging and laughing for twenty minutes we reached the boat. We got the honor of sitting in the first row. I was sitting on the far left, Tucker was sitting to the right of me, Jordan next to him and Erin next to Jordan. The cart trudged forward onto a hill making a clicking sound every second. We then dropped a few feet into the water and the Jurassic Park music played. The voice of Richard Attenborough spoke to us softly.

"Welcome to Jurassic Park!" he exclaimed and the doors to the park opened. I instantly saw a huge dinosaur above me eating a piece of bush. As the ride moved forward there were more and more dinosaurs and it seemed like a utopian world where the sun would always shine and people would live in unison with the huge creatures that were dinosaurs. The boat moved through a waterfall revealing a sound of an alarm on the other side. My smile fell when I saw a crashed car and dinosaurs tearing at the tire. We moved towards the loud alarm and I grabbed Tucker's hand because I hated loud sounds. Our boat slowly moved forward and up a steep hill. The inside of the hall was dark and flashing with red light. A warning message sounded in a woman's voice telling us of impending danger. I heard dinosaur shrieks and as we moved through the tunnel I saw a huge T-rex head stick itself through the wall. The loud roar made me freeze in my seat and hold on tighter to Tucker. Suddenly, our cart dropped eighty four feet into the water. During the fall, which lasted for the longest time, I felt myself lift off the seat and I shut my eyes quickly leaning into Tucker. Once it was over I opened my eyes to the water splashing me in my face and light blinding me. Tucker grinned at me.

"That was fun." he said. I smiled.

"It was, even though my legs are shaking and I'm soaked." I looked down at my jeans that had a water stain on them. Everybody else didn't suffer as much so they were laughing. We got out of the ride and took the escalator to the upper lot. We proceeded to ride the Simpsons ride and then at about four we hopped on the Studio Tour which lasted for an hour.

"Wow I learned a lot about movie making" I said grabbing Tucker's hand and stepping out of the parked van that just took us around the backlot. We all linked arms and walked back to the main plaza.

"Now what?" I said.

"How about some food?" Jordan said. "We haven't eaten the whole day since breakfast." Everybody nodded in agreement and we walked to the British bakery that was inside the park. We each got a coffee and a warm pastry. Erin went to the bathroom and then later joined us on the little table we were sitting at. We probably sat there for an hour and caught up on stuff. It started getting dark so we all got up and walked out of the park.

We were standing in the parking lot.

"We need to do this more often. Stay in touch guys" Erin said pulling me and Tucker into a tight hug.

"Yeah" Jordan laughed and hugged us when Erin let go. We waved goodbye and went to our cars.

"That was a really nice day" I told Tucker once we started driving.

"Yes. Indeed it was." Tucker retorted, smiling.

I looked forward onto the high way and nodded off to sleep.