Chapter 5: Maybe

Sonja's POV:
I was having such a nice time at Chipotle hanging out with Tucker. He was so sweet to me and really caring. I really appreciated it, it didn't happen often. Suddenly, I thought crossed my mind.

"Tucker?"

"Yes?"

"Is this a date?" I don't know what came across me but I felt the need to ask. He was being to nice.

"Uh" he blushed. Crap, I messed up, I thought to myself. Suddenly he said:

"Only if you want it to be" he then looked me in the eye and gave me one of those half smiles that resembled a Cheshire Cat's smile. I smiled back and looked down. In my head I was screaming YES YES I DO WANT IT TO BE A DATE. After a while he said

"So..? Is it a date"

"I want it to be" I said under my breath.

"Then it is" he smiled and put his arm around me. I rested my head on his shoulder. I've never felt this safe since the incident. I shudder at the thought but quickly shook it away.

"Thanks Tucker" I say into his shoulder. I'm not sure if he heard me. I feel him smile and now I'm sure he heard me. He tightens his grip around my shoulder. After a few minutes, we decided to finish our food and get up to go home. Our walk home is spent talking about our past and just getting to know each other better. I find out a few interesting things about him. First of all and probably the funniest, his full name is William Tucker Boner. Like seriously, that's hilarious. I almost died of laughter when he told me. I told him some things from my childhood and how I came from foster care. He seemes to listen really well and I saw a sad expression come across his beautiful face when I told him I was a foster child. He looked at me and smiled with one of those it's-okay-I'm-here-now-nothing-will-hurt-you smiles. I wasn't ready to tell him about the incident yet but I will be soon. I hope.

By the time we got back to the apartment building it was dark because we walked really slowly, laughing and just being goofy. We took the elevator up to our floor and when it was time to say goodbye he huged me and wished me goodnight. He then let go but not completely. It just so happened that I had my arms on his hsoulders and he had his on my waist and we were looking at each other. My heart skipped a beat. I was definetley developing feelings for him. Was he gonna kiss me? My stomach did a sameusault.

"Goodnight Sonja, thank you for an amazing date" a smile spread across his lips at the word date "we should do it again sometime." He let go of me and turned around.

"Yes, we should" I mumbeled suddenly feeling realy self-conscious. Is this going to fast? He turned his head just enough so I could see him smurk. Then we both walked into our apartment and shut the doors. I sank to the floor in disbelief. That's the best night I've had with anyone in a long time. Gonzo came up to me.

"Hi baby. How are you? Because I'm great!" I said in a sweet voice. Everything seemed to be falling back into a good place. I was finally happy again and I couldn't belive it. The thought of having to tell Tucker why I had a bad past scared me. What if he rejected me after that. I wouldn't be able to take that. Again.

Tucker's POV:
I closed my apartment door and walked into the kitchen. I obviously wasn't hungry but I was very happy. I just had an amazing date, with a beautiful girl that was way out of my league. I smiled at the thought of her being my girlfriend. Who am I kidding? That would never happen. She would probably reject me. I grabbed myself a cup of orange juice and walked into my recording room. I looked at the time on the monitor, it read 9:37 pm. I sighed, it was really boring without her.

"I wonder if she's awake" my voice sounded weird in the empty apartment. Tom was out with some friends, drinking. I heard keys unlocking the front door.

"Speak of the devil" I whispered getting up and walking into the living room to greet my best friend.

"Hey Tom!"

"Hey man! How was your date?" He said in a tired voice.

"It was good I had a lot of fun, how was your evening?"

"It was great I got to see so many of my mates but I'm really tired because jet lag" he said heading of to his room. I went to my bedroom too because I needed to get some sleep.

Tomorrow is gonna be a good day.