Chapter 24: Pop Goes The Weasel

Tucker's POV:

I awoke to the sound of the rolling credits of The Hobbit on the TV screen. Twisting my head I discovered that Sonja has gone out, probably to the store. I took this opportunity to go into our room, into our closet and to the very top shelf which contained a few shoeboxes. I grabbed the black one with the Nike sign and opened it. Inside, resting on some bubble wrap and wrapping paper was a small velvet box. With great care I lifted the small case and opened it to reveal a sparkling diamond ring.

"Today's the day" I told myself.

JINGLE JINGLE.

"Shit." I heard the keys try to open the door. "Sonja's back."

I quickly stuffed the shoe box back into the closet and speed walked into the living room just as Sonja stepped foot in the house, carrying two grocery bags.

"Where'd you go?" I asked coming up to her and grabbing the bags.

"Safeway. Got us some ice cream because it's supposed to be really hot. And I thought you needed to just have a chill day." She wrapped her arms around my torso as I nodded my head.

"Actually." I pulled away from her and saw her tense up. "I've got a little surprise planned for us. Dress fancy and be ready by 5pm okay?"

"Where are we going?" She smiled.

"As I said, it's a surprise that you will enjoy."

~Le Skip to 5pm because I'm lazy~

I was sitting on the couch in a tux waiting for Sonja to come out of the bathroom. I heard the door unlock and turned around only to be stunned. I gulped. In front of me stood the most beautiful woman on the planet. Sonja was wearing a long turquoise dress (see picture), her hair was in loose curls and her makeup was beautiful. She did a little spin for me and smiled.

"How do I look?"

"Amazing" I mumbled, getting up and kissing her cheek. "Ready to go?"

She nodded so we walked out of the house and got into the car. We drove to Beverly Hills where I had rented an overnight house in the middle of the neighborhood and booked a really fancy restaurant. Everything about today should be perfect. Drive to Beverly Hills was faster than usual because there was barely any cars on the road. Today would be the perfect day, I was sure of it. I snuck a glance at the beautiful woman sitting next to me jamming out to Uma Thurman by Fall Out Boy. I wouldn't believe that I could call her mine. She had matured so much since that day I introduced myself to her. Wonderful memories of our times together rushed through my head, the sound of her laugh made me smile and I looked at her again only to find she was already staring.

"I love you Sonj." I looked back on the road.

"I love you too" she leaned and kissed my cheek. "I'm excited for today. What have you planned?"

"Something, that you will for sure enjoy. I guarantee" I smirk at the thought. "We're almost there, five more minutes. Need to find parking."

As soon as we were parked I told her to stay in the car. I walked over to the passenger side door, opened it and put a blindfold over Sonja's eyes.

"Take my hand" she smiled and did so. I outstretched her my other hand and led her out the car into the cool LA air. It was about 6pm now so it was getting a bit chilly. I led Sonja into the Urasawa restaurant, the most expensive one in Beverly Hills, and sat her down in a private room that was lit up with candles and playing serene music. I saw her smile widen as she breathed in the slight sense of roses. Finally, I took off her blindfold and did a little ta-da sound. Sonja clapped her small hands together and stared at me. Suddenly, I got really nervous but nevertheless I sat down and the food was served. Sonja had some sushi and I had a kobe beed slice.

"Food was delicious, but now what?" she asked, wiping her mouth with the napkin. I itched my temple and the back of my head. It's time. Breathe Tucker, breathe.

"Sonja" I took her hands in mine "Sonja."

"Yes?" she chuckled and I smiled too, the tension I have been housing for a while faded away and I spoke up.

"Dear Sonja, ever since the day I met you I knew we would have great adventures together but I didn't actually know the scale. You have turned my life upside down, you've changed me for the better and have made me a better man and for that I am forever grateful. I didn't know somebody could love someone to the point that they would kill for them until I met you. Sonja, you are my world. You're amazing, hilarious, witty, creative and you never fail to cheer me up after a bad day. Sonja I can honestly say that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I can also say that you saved me from myself and my thoughts." I looked up to see Sonja grinning and looking me in the eyes. "So. Sonja Firefoxx Reid, I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

As I said those words, I got down on one knee. Sonja's hands flew up to her mouth and she nodded before I even finished the sentence. She jumped from her chair into my arms and I slipped the ring on her finger.

"Tucker oh my gosh, it's beautiful!" she squealed, tears of happiness in her eyes.

"No, you're beautiful" I snaked my arms around her waist and kissed her passionately, with all my might and love because this was the person I wouldn't trade for anything. We pulled apart and smiled.

"Sonja Boner."

"Catchy."

A/N: TEEHEE HE DONE DID IT. Also as a head up, there is only a few chapters left in this book and then I will be doing a strawpoll for my next book because I have a lot of ideas. Yeeeeee. WOOO.