Chapter 30: Changes

Sonja's POV:

My body ached when I woke up. I was feeling much better, my brain had cleared up and I could recall everything and all the events from a day ago. I lightly shook Tucker awake and he sat up suddenly, a large grin spreading on his face.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, rubbing my cheek. I relaxed and told Tucker the whole story from the very beginning. By the end, Tucker's fists were clenched so tight, his knuckles turning white.

"We're going to deal with him properly" Tucker bolted out of the hut into the tropical air. I couldn't exactly stop him because I wasn't able to move.

Tucker's POV:

I rushed around Bora Bora trying to find my wife's attacker. I was as angry as ever because nobody should be able to do that. Then I saw him. He was standing on a cliff. I came from behind him.

"So this is where you did it?" I whispered. His head whipped around, evidently surprised. He backed up but there was no where to go.

"This, is um. Familiar" he looked behind him. I could not help but grin.

"Listen here Tucker. I hold a strong grudge against Sonja. She ruined my life. Broke my heart. And I don't forgive easily" his eyes trailed to something behind me so I turned to look but there was no one and nothing in sight. When I turned my head back around to face Troy, he was already gone. Disappeared like he was never there. I looked down onto the sand, seeing his footprints and Sonja's footprints (hers being significantly smaller). If one looked closely they could see the half print of Sonja's shoe on the edge when Troy pushed her. I breathed in the hot air and decided to head back to the cabin.

I woke Sonja up and gave her some medicine which made her feel much better and she was actually able to sit up.

~Time skip three days ahead~

The past few days have been very quiet. Troy hasn't showed up, Sonja and I haven't been bothered and we were actually enjoying our vacation together. Tomorrow was our flight back home and I was definitely excited to be as far away from this godforsaken place. Sonja was slowly starting to pack our things as I rummaged around the small kitchen for a sandwich. Sonja's gash healed quickly and now just had a couple dozen band aids on it so it wouldn't get worse. She was functioning as a normal human being right now and could even go into the water.

I came out of the kitchen with two sandwiches and stared at Sonja packing our suitcases. She was humming the tune of Harry Potter and smiling to herself. It made me so happy seeing my wife in a good mood. It still hasn't sunk in, wife. My wife. I hugged Sonja and kissed her lightly.

"Here's your snack. But remember we're going out to dinner" I grinned and she gladly accepted the sandwich biting into it.

We had dinner in an outside patio while there was reggae music playing in the background. We were so stuffed with delicious food that when we made it back to the hut, we fell into a blissful slumber.

Sonja's POV:

I awoke in the morning next to a snoring Tucker, realizing we were late for our flight. I hopped off the bed causing a searing pain in my back and rushed to put everything in our bags. Tucker then woke up and helped me pack. We rushed out of the hotel, dropped our key off at the reception and grabbed a taxi to the airport.

Tired but satisfied we made it to our gate and then sat down in our assigned seats inside the airplane. Then I don't remember. Because I fell asleep on Tucker's shoulder.

~Time skip to 3 days after they're back~

Tucker and I have been home for three days now and we have been working a lot, making videos and streaming because I really have missed it. Suddenly I heard a knock on the door so I paused my recording and yelled to Tucker.

"I got it! It's probably my nature box"

"Okay" I heard a muffled reply.

I swung the door open smiling. My grin fell.

"If you're not the nature box delivery man then you have absolutely no reason to be here" I said on the brink of tears.