Chapter 33: Day Off

Sonja's POV:

I put the food on the table in front of Tucker and grabbed a plate myself. We sat across from each other, chattering away about useless subjects, laughing and just having a good time. By the end of breakfast, we ran out of things to talk about so the silence was now being filled by the clatter of metal forks on the porcelain plates.

"Mmm, what do you wanna do today Sonj?"

"I'm not sure, you?" I waved my fork at Tucker and he shrugged his shoulder in response.

Another five minutes went by in complete silence until Tucker spoke up.

"How about Disneyland?" he suggested lifting his eyebrows and chewing.

My eyes lit up when he took out two tickets from under his chair.

"Go dress" he grinned.

I shot up and ran into our room. I threw on a purple tank top, black shorts and put half of my hair up. Applying a coat of mascara and some eyeliner I yelled to Tucker that I was ready.

"I'm in the car" Tucker said and I heard the front door close. I grinned at my self in the mirror and patted my hair down again.

Waving goodbye to Grizz and Gonzo I walked out the front door and locked it. I slid into the car and smiled at Tucker.

"Ready?"

"Let's go"

~Time Skip to Disneyland~

We were standing in front of the Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland.

"This is my first time at Disney" I faced Tucker and pecked him on the lips.

"You're going to have fun" he assured me, grabbed my hand and drag me to the first ride.

Pirates of The Caribbean, I read the sign.

"Yes! Lovely" I ran inside leaving Tucker trailing closely behind me. I waited anxiously before they let us sit down on the ride. I was beyond excited. The ride began, launching us into the darkness with faint music.

"Yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life for me" I sang along to the lyrics that I knew so well.

The ride entered the pirate town of Tortuga and the music got louder.

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot.

Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.

Drink up me 'earties, yo ho"

Fire exploded from the ship we were passing because the pirate's were attacking it. The animatronics here were spectacular. I sang along with the lyrics full heartedly, grinning widely. The boat went into a tunnel and we found Jack Sparrow sitting on a pile of gold. He faced the riders and smiled a gold toothed smile. Continuing through the tunnel, we ran into a waterfall like wall that was made of steam and the face of Davy Jones was projected onto it. After passing the cold fog, you're sent suddenly into a plunge brining the ride to an end.

Tucker and I got out of the vehicle, both as happy as we could be and followed through outside.

"Where to next?" I asked, wincing at the bright sun rays that hit me. Tucker again assumed control, grabbed my hand and led me to the next ride.

"Indian Jones, ha? We haven't seen the movies in a while" I glanced at my husband who was steadily walking into the jungle temple. The whole ride was disguised as if it was happening in a jungle temple. We proceeded to the cars and sat down in the front seats. I grabbed the wheel and waited for the ride to start. It sent us through a tunnel to reveal a large golden statue that was smoking. We passed the statue to find ourselves in a room with fire and a bridge. The bridge seemed really wobbly and when we went across it it seemed to break. We rounded the corner fast to reveal a giant cobra which earned a comment from Indian Jones saying "I don't like snakes"

I chuckled at the witty comment from one of my favorite movie characters and looked at Tucker who seemed to be having a blast.

The ride came to a stop after Indiana congratulated us for surviving.

We stepped out of the temple and Tucker asked me if I wanted to buy an Indian Jones hat from the gift shop. I nodded eagerly and jumped up and down.

"Wait here" Tucker jogged away. Five minutes passed and he came back with cotton candy and the hat. I looked at it in awe.

"Oh my God" I took the hat from Tucker, feeling the velvety edges of the brown fabric, "It looks exactly like his".

I plopped the hat down on my head, singing the Indiana Jones theme loudly, earning a few stares from passerby's.

The rest of the day was spent laughing, riding rides, having lunch and riding rides again. Tucker and myself were really tired by 10pm so we sat down in front of the palace and waited for the firework show to begin.

BANG BANG

The fireworks exploded.

BANG BANG

Tucker kissed me.

BANG BANG

I have the best husband.

BANG BANG