Chapter 42: Christmas Traditions

~Fast forward two weeks, it's the day before Christmas Eve~

Sonja's POV:

"You think that living with a man for such a long time you would know what to get him for Christmas" I exclaimed to my friend Ally.

We were Christmas Shopping, admittedly very late Christmas Shopping, in a huge mall in Downtown LA. Both of us lagging quite heavy bags, none of them containing gifts for our husbands. Ah yes, Ally and Brennon got married merely last weekend, and they couldn't be happier.

Ally silently nodded her head in response to my statement and kept tapping her fingers on the screen of her iPhone. The top of that screen clearly displayed her husband's name. She typed the last words, hit sent, put the phone away and faced me.

"So. Where to? We need to buy gifts" Ally said, hazily looking around the stores and the groups of people frantically shopping for their late gifts. We seemed to be the only ones in the mall who were not running around like maniacs and lunatics.

"Okay, let's think this way. Tucker likes what? He likes video games, food, his friends and family, me obviously, watches, traveling, TV shows. What about Brennon?"

Ally brought a finger to her face.

"I would say he likes the same stuff honestly"

"I thought so" I said and started heading towards the far end of the mall.

"Where are you going?" Ally breathed out a sigh, catching up to me and my quick pace.

"Home"

"Why?"

"To buy Tucker his present"

"What is it?"

"You'll see" I said, zipping my purse open and taking my car keys out.

We drove to my house in utter silence, I presumed that Ally was trying to figure out what I was going to get Tucker. Once we had arrived, I shot out of the car and into the house, Ally following closely behind me. I went straight to my recording room and sat down at my computer. Ally stood over my shoulder, watching me type the words into Google.

Horseback riding near LA.

"Oh my god that's a brilliant idea!" Ally exclaimed, jumping up and down in joy. I smirked to myself and flipped my hair.

"I know he likes animals but at the same time, he's never been on a horse so I figured this would be nice. Now let's try and figure out what you're going to get your husband" I said, spinning around in my chair to face my friend.

After a couple hours we made some progress. I found a really good location and booked it, printing out the confirmation. Ally littered my room with sticky notes, covered in ideas of what to get Brennon. These hours were spent laughing, joking and having fun. In the end, at about six in the evening (right when Tucker was supposed to come home from a meeting) we finished. I had my horseback riding and Ally ordered two rings with her and Bernnons' names on them that were scheduled to arrive tomorrow in the afternoon. I heard keys jingle in the lock and faced Ally.

"Under the bed. Go!" I whispered, trying to keep our adventures a secret. She scurried under the bed, taking the sticky notes with her. I put my computer to sleep and right when Tucker walked into my recording room, I plummeted down onto the bed and pretended to be asleep.

"Nice try lazy butt" I heard Tucker's tired voice say. I felt the bed sink next to me and I raised my head.

"You look like hell" I snickered at his exhausted appearance.

"I feel worse"

I chuckled again, watching his brown eyes wonder around the room.

"You're a mean one Mr. Grinch" Tucker said suddenly.

My face expression stiffened.

"Why?"

Tucker slowly stood up from the bed and sunk onto the floor. I winced.

"Ally, good evening. Would you like to come out now?" Tucker laughed as he noticed Ally, hidden under the bed, curled up into a tiny ball.

She climbed out and sat next to me.

"Actually, I should go, or else Brennon will worry" Ally gathered her bag and phone and scurried out of the room.

Tucker placed himself down next to me.

"How did you know?"

"You neglected to take off the sticky note on your forehead that says 'a ball of wet mud'" Tucker snickered, handing me the note.

"I'm pretty sure that's impossible by the way" he said and walked out of my recording room, upstairs. I heard the shower turn on, so I decided to make some food and bring up to bed so he could rest. I made a quick omelette, changed into my fox onesie and went up into our bedroom.

"You look much better" I told Tucker when he came out from the bathroom.

He took a seat next to me, grabbed a plate of food, smiled at me and then turned on the TV.

"What do ya wanna watch?" he asked.

"It's your turn to pick. But I want a Christmas movie" I whispered the last sentence. Tucker got out of bed and came back five minutes later with a blanket and a DVD.

"Bought this today" he popped the disk into the DVD player. It loaded by the time he had settled down onto the bed and placed his warm hand in mine.

"This is my favorite Christmas movie" I squealed, watching the title of Home Alone pop up onto the screen.

"I know"