Chapter 50: Surprise?

ARE WE READY FOR A FEELS DEMOLISHING LAST CHAPTER. CHAPTER 50 HYPEEEEE.

~Two Weeks Later~

Sonja's POV:

The past few days I've been feeling rather strange and sick in the mornings. My stomach has been cramping a lot and I've been craving a lot of salty products. I know these side effects from Erin's stories about Boo and I was really worried. I know that Tucker and I are old enough to have a child but I'm still extremely nervous.

I was laying in bed, thoughts racing in my head about our future. I wasn't sure about anything and my anxiety was high rocketing. All the things that Tucker and I have been through for each other are amazing and I don't think that anything could break us up.

I turned myself over to the side, looking at the peach colored wall and sighing. Suddenly I felt sick again so I shot out of bed and ran to the toilet. I felt someone pull back my hair and after I was done throwing up my insides I looked up.

"Thanks. I don't know what's wrong with me" I said, tying up my hair and rushing my teeth.

"Maybe you ate something funny" Tucker said, shrugging his shoulders and walking out of the bathroom.

"Maybe" I said and sank down along the wall. I pulled out my phone and dialed a familiar number.

"Hello?" a female voice said.

"Erin I need your help. Can you meet me at the skate park in Venice Beach as soon as possible?" I said, tears brimming my eyes.

"I'll be there in half an hour, hope everything is okay" I heard her say and a sound of keys jangling.

"Thanks" I hung up and sighed.

I got dressed quickly and slipped out of the house without Tucker noticing.

I got into my car and texted Tucker so he would't worry.

Going out for a while, don't worry <3

I drove to Venice Beach and parked my car a few blocks away from the skate park.

"Sunglasses check, water check, car keys check, penny board check" I grabbed my stuff and headed off to the location where I said I would meet Erin.

I dropped my purple and turquoise penny board and pushed myself easily along the sidewalk. The breeze in my hair, the sound of the penny board on the road, the sloshing of the water in the bottle and the sounds of the birds in the palm trees made me relax and made me feel less tense. By the time that I made it to the skate park, Erin was already sitting on the bench. I skated up to her and sat down on the bench.

"I feel a little bit better but I do need your help" I said, staring at the rolling waves.

"What's up?"

"I fear I might be pregnant" I said, pushing out the words not believing myself.

"OOOOOOHH YAY" she squealed and gave me a hug.

"That's great Sonja! We're going to go and get you a pregnancy test and then we'll take you to the doctor to make sure" she said, grinning.

Erin took my hand and dragged me to her car.

"What about my car?" I said, reaching back.

"I'll take you back after we're done" Erin assured me and started the car.

She drove to the nearest CVS Pharmacy and then pulled me out of the car.

"Where is it?" I was dazed by Erin running around the store looking for the right aisle.

"Here" I saw her hand raise above some aisle and then I walked over there. She threw a box into my hands and started walking towards the counter.

"Just this?" the cashier asked me, cocking an eyebrow.

I nodded, my cheeks reddening.

She scanned my item and placed it in a small bag.

"Thank you for your purchase" she said monotone.

I nodded and left the store, following Erin.

She drove me to her house and gestured me to go to the bathroom.

A few minutes later I walked out, my hands over my face.

"I took all five" I whispered, planting myself on Erin's couch.

"Positive?" she said, putting her hand on my shoulder.

I nodded, looking at my shoes,worried about the future.

"I'll take you to the doctor so we can be sure" she said, smiling.

"Don't worry. It's a blessing. Trust me" erin assured me.

I was shocked. How would I tell Tucker. How would he react. Maybe I'm just overthinking this. He's your husband Sonja. Relax.

I got into Erin's car and she drove me to the hospital in complete silence.

"I can go alone and you can wait in the car if you so wish" I said.

Erin nodded a yes and I walked inside the building. It smelled like needles and rubbing alcohol. I winced and came up to the stand.

"Do you have an appointment?" the lady behind the counter said.

"No but I need to see the doctor who checks you um. Area" I said, pointing to my stomach.

"Down the hall and to the right. Third door on the left, just walk in" she said, turning her head to show me the direction.

I followed her directions and wound up in a small office where a woman was sitting in front of her computer.

"Hello!" she stood up and I noticed that she couldn't be more than 5'3 feet tall.

"Please lay down and I will be with you shortly" she said as she walked out the door.

I observed the office, looking at the posters on the walls and then I laid down on the cold leather bedding.

The doctor came back and did all of her scans and then left again.

She came back again and sat me down on a chair.

"It is true. You are two weeks pregnant" she smiled.

"Congratulations" she game me a scan and I looked at it.

"You won't be able to see much now but look here" she pointed to the middle of the picture where one could see a development of a tiny organism.

"Thank you" I said, the news sinking in.

I left the foul smelling building and walked to the car, holding the picture in my hands, still dazed.

"Erin, it's true" I said when I sat down in the passenger seat.

"Good. Now you have to tell Tucker!" she said and my eyes got wide.

"I forgot about that part" I mumbled. Oops.

Erin drove me back to the beach so I could get my car.

"Thank you" I said, wishing Erin goodbye.

I got into my car and grasped the steering wheel.

Sigh

Half an hour of arduous driving and worry, I was home.

"Tucker?" I walked in, closed the door and sat on the couch.

"Hey!" he ran down the stairs and sat down next to me.

I looked into his chocolate brown eyes and smiled.

"Tucker"

"Yes?" he said, the smile fading from his face, a worried look on his face.

"I'm pregnant"

A/N: And thus concludes the official last chapter of Exception! Thank you guys for reading my first book, this means the world to me! Epilogue will come tomorrow!

PS. Don't kill me for the cliffhanger <3