Chapter 15: Questions

Sonja's POV:

I woke up to the sound of the front door closing. Inferring that it was Tom I leaned back onto Tucker. Except Tucker wasn't there. It was another person. It was Troy. Troy was sleeping and I was leaning on him. Astonished I sat up and stared at him. His head was bashed in on the left side and dried blood was on his face. At the same time he looked so peaceful and his chest was falling up and down according to his breathing. I moved my gaze down and saw that his right arm and left leg was twisted in the opposite direction than normal. I covered my mouth. Troy was dead but yet here he was. Alive. I felt tears gather in my eyes when the sleeping mans' eyes popped open. I looked into them. White and blank, they were staring at me.

"Troy?" My voice quivered. A low growl escaped his throat.

"Troy?" I spoke up with a bit more confidence.

"You. You did this to me. Are you proud of your work? I jumped. I jumped so I wouldn't hurt you anymore. No that's not why. I hated you and I know you hated me. You didn't say yes." He mumbled under his breath.

"I... I didn't say yes because it was to soon and I did love you and I never hated you, you're wrong." I hopped up from the couch and pointed my finger at the door. "If you're dead. How are you here?"

"Because I'm coming for you" he got up and walked out.

"TUCKER!" I screamed, jolting awake in my bed. Tucker instantly sat up and pulled me into his arms.

"Babe it's okay. It was just a nightmare. Shhhh. It's okay" Tucker was rocking me back and forth. I felt his strong arms around me and eventually my breathing slowed. I let go of his arm realizing that I've been clutching it really hard as if I was afraid he was going to disappear.

"This isn't a dream right? You're here." I asked, my voice sounding as small as ever.

"No, I'm here" Tucker looked me in the eyes "And I'm not going anywhere."

His lips touched mine and I sank into the kiss. I was so grateful that even after the story I told him about my past he still loved me. Peeling him away from my shaking body I looked him in the eyes and smiled.

"Thank you Tucker"

"Let's have breakfast" he smiled and hoped off the bed walking into the kitchen. I laid back down, my head resting on the cool pillow staring at the ceiling. I heaved a sigh but smiled. I'm so glad Tucker knows now, it's so much easier for me. Turning my head I glance out onto the patio. A bird lands onto the railing and happily squawks at me. What am I, Snow White? I giggle at the thought and sit up swinging my legs off the bed and onto the carpet. I shuffled into the kitchen to see Tucker making some waffles.

"Smells good" I glance at him. I walk into the bathroom and put my hair up into a ponytail and wash my face. I wipe it with a small towel and stare at myself. My big green-blue eyes gleaming happily and a slight smile plastered on my face. That is the face of a happy girl. I walk back into the dining room where Tucker has set the table. We talked over breakfast but then he asked me a question.

"Can you believe that we wouldn't be here right now if you said yes?" he said chewing his waffle. I snickered but that question sent my mind racing. What if. I hated that thought of what if I hadn't met Tucker. What if I said yes to Troy.

What if I was still depressed.

What if I still lived in Canada.

What if Troy was still alive.

What if I was married right now.

What if I had children right now.

What if it was me on that roof.

What if.

Tucker must have seen my face because he put down his fork and walked over to me picking me up and spinning me in a circle.

"Sonj, once again, I'm not going anywhere" he smiled. I smiled back and nodded. I needed to constantly be reminded of that.

"Why don't we do something fun today?" he put me down and cupped my face "Why don't we get Tom, Jordan, Erin and a few other friends and go to the beach?"

"Yes! Let's do it" I screamed kissing him on the cheek. We both walked into our offices to call our friends and arrange this. This is going to be awesome.