Chapter 40: Normal Life

A/N: I wanna make a few announcements, first of all. So there will not be any updates next week because of finals. The next update will be next Friday, because I will officially be out of school. Second of all, I'm finally facing the fact that this book is coming to an end. But I will talk about that more later when I have devised a plan. Enjoy the chapter!

Sonja's POV:

Life had seemed to settle down after a month or so after the encore stream. I knew that they would be excited but we also all knew that someday, the fans would have to face the fact that Mianite is over. What happened to me you might ask? Well, Tucker and I have been developing a game for the PC. We're very into that right now and it seems like my programming skills are finally coming in handy. Jordan has been dealing with conventions and Fortress Fury updates and all the business stuff. As for Tom, he wrote a book. I know, I know. Tom? A book? What? Well, that was my reaction exactly. But he published and released it and lots of people are reading it. I'll even admit that I read the whole thing and found it incredibly interesting and educating. I see Tucker pick up the book too and settle into a comfortable chair with a cup of tea, when he has time.

The year is going by quite fast. Christmas is in two weeks. I need to do shopping for presents and all that good stuff. Tucker and I decided to have a small adult party at our house this year. Nothing major. Nothing loud. Just a few friends.

*beep beep*

"Tucker?" I yelled from upstairs, my chain of thoughts interrupted by the doorbell, "can you get that?"

I heard a faint sure from downstairs then the opening of a door. After that, my ears were hit with a wave of high pitched screams and the thud of two bodies hitting the floor.

"Tucker?" I stood up from my chair.

Giggling and sounds of kissing came from downstairs.

"TUCKER?" I shot down the stairs to see Tucker and some blond girl intertwined in a tight embrace, on the floor. The girl kissing my husband on the cheek.

I felt tears stream from my eyes.

"Tucker... Who is this?" My voice cracked mid sentence.

Tucker and the girl stood up, still laughing. Then Tucker glanced at me and his face expression changed drastically.

"Tucker. Actually I shouldn't be speaking to you" I moved towards the blond girl.

"Who are you to come into my house and make out with my husband?!" I yelled, throwing a punch at her face but my fist ran into Tucker's palm.

"Sonj, relax" he told me.

"WHY TUCKER?" My voice echoed through the quiet house.

"She didn't make out with me, she just hugged me and I tripped and fell down"

"THAT DOESN'T EXPLAIN HER BEING HERE" I puffed.

"Sonja, she's my sister and I haven't seen her since we were five" Tucker said, extending a hand to the blond girl.

I softened my face expression in realization.

"What's your name?" I stuck out a hand.

"Emma" the girl took it apprehensively and shook.

"Nice to meet you, sorry for the misunderstanding" I said, patting Emma on the back.

"Should I put the kettle on?" I inquired, facing Tucker who was smiling.

"Finally, two of my favorite women together. Come tell us everything Emma" Tucker threw his arms around us and pushed us into the dining area.